icon

Optimal subwoofer size

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
if you can get your hands on 2 10 in w7s that would be a very nice system just make sure your car's electrical system can handle a 1300 watt amp
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden:   Where can i get one of these "Epicenters" and whats the price tag on one of them?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

www.audiocontrol.com to see what it is, next you need to find an authorized dealer, then do not sell to e-tailers. Call around to the local shops or send them an e-mail for a close dealer to you.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Xclusivex 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
are those things really that effective? whats it really do? just amplifies low frequencies? does it improve sound quality at all or just spl? and any idea what the MSRP is on it? thanks
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
They wail, I like what they do to my system. We sell them for $349.00 in Touque dollars. What this does it it looks at the harmonics in the lower octaves. Then it compares it to the signal on the rca cable. At the recording process the low end is rolled off as most systems do not play these frequencies. By looking at the harmonics in the signal and comparing it to the rolled off bottom end it extrapolates what the signal should look like and reinserts it into the audio spectrum. The end results is drastically increased bottom end in most but not all sub systems. It is installed before the amplifier and is best used with a cd player with no crossover or has the crossover bypassed. You have to listen to one to understand what it can do for you. We used to have a test drive kit where we could take it out to your vehicle and plug it in in 30 seconds, sold many an Epicenter that way.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic