the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Getting New Head Unit, need help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
ksin291 wrote:

P.S. I don't see how the eclipse ESN system is effective at all, ok great they replace my radio if it is stolen. What about the cost of replacing my windows and having it tinted again. Thiefs don't know or don't care that the radio will be useless when they rip it out, they will always find some idiot to buy it and you are left with the damage to your car. I will take the detachable face anytime.

Any cd player or tape deck or dvd system can get stolen, you will still have to have the window fixed and tinted regardless of the brand. ESN does work and it works better every year for more and more people find out about it. It usually stops the dedicated and knowledgeable stereo thief, but has nothing to do with the crack addict that must get gear to sell for his daily fix. This is the person that does not care what is in the vehicle, at least Eclipse will replace the head unit in the first year should this happen, what other company will do this. A detach face is no guarantee that theft will not happen, nor is ESN, it is just prove fact from insurance statistics compiled from the numerous claims in the industry that ESN works better than a detach face. Start a poll on here to find out how many people are religous about taking that faceplate with them all of the time, and I do mean all of the time. I sell both types and have sold all types of anti theft systems in the last 16 years and let me tell you, the best in order of deterrence based on isurance claims are ESN, Keycard, Codelock, Quick release, Detach Face, permant mount. This covers a 20 year period. Stereo theft happened long before detach face was around, why do you think they brought it out in the first place? There is another option on the horizon as well, transponders may find their way into headunits next as well, why because the manufacturers know that people are not religous about taking there facplates with them.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Like a said it's all about personal preference, bottom line if someone is going to steal your stuff they will steal it. I like eclipse HU's and I think I've already said that, my problem with them is that the higher end models require you to purchase a seperate piece(eclipse commander) just to play .mp3's. Alpine on the other hand gives you that ability right out of the box, I'm not saying that Alpine is the best out there period I'm saying that the give you the best balance of features and sound quality, at least in my opinion. If eclipse where to allow you to play mp3's right out of the box on their upper end models I would probably buy one and if they do let me know because I would definitely be interested.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
See the new line up of Eclipse head units, your request must have been heard.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic