icon

installing XM Radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jtfrog 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed XM radio on my girl freinds jette. I had to use the FM modular. A problem has now come up. The radio and the XM mow only work in the accesory postion. When you start the car or turn the key to the on positon it does not work. I f I turn the key as if i am going to start the car it will work. Also on Jettas when you turn the key of the radio would still play until you take out the key, not any more. Please help. I was thinking that maybe the ignition switch has gone out by some freak accident
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you used the right constant wire
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jtfrog 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
What do youmean by constant wire. There are two hot wires. One from the ignition wich is on when in accessory and the other is battery power
jtfrog
zeiden 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds to me like you are using the wrong power line to supply your xm receiver.  Your xm receiver comes with a ground (black wire) and a yellow (constant power wire).  Make sure that you have connected the other end of this yellow wire to your car's yellow wire.  If you still have doubts, you can always buy a 12 volt power indicator.  This way you can make sure that power is flowing while your key is in any possition.  
jtfrog 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
I just tried doing that and the same thing. I am starting to beleive it is the ignition because the radio is acting the same as the XM and it never did before.
jtfrog

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic