the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clifford Matrix RS2.5x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
in all this is easy you need a relay and a diode.
take the orange wire and cut it in half. twist a new wire to the side of the wire that goes to the alarm brain. and take a but connector and connect it to the two twisted wire adn to the striped side of a diode.
the other side of the diode connect back to the remaining cut orange wire going to starter kill. use a butt conenctor cut didode on both sides going in to butts to prevent the leads from braking off diode and having to do it all over.
this stops any feedback caused by the starter kill.
now for the relay take the strobe lights and ground them to chassis as close to strobes as possible,.
take relay and wire it up like this the wire comming from the orange wire you just applied the diode to and connect it to pin 85 of relay.
connect constant to both 86 anf 87 fuse it with 10 amp fuse.
than take pin 30 and run it to each of the two strobe lights positive wire.
so when you are the car it turns on the strobe lights and when you disarm it and turn on ignition it shuts them off.
if this is what your want.
hint: add a little toggle switch on the wire comming from the starter kill its negative. this is because the lights flashing all the time will cause a drain on the battery. over night your'll be fine but for long periods of time i suggest turning them off because when you go back to the car the battery will be dead. so add the switch so you can control the light also if they got speed control turn them half way or lower. also preventing increased battery drain.
more help email me
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
timsshadow 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Thank You for the info.  Actually helped me out quite a bit.  However I do have another question... for whoever can answer it.  I have a Matrix rs2.5x Professionally installed Car Alarm.  However I bought a Rattler 369D Remote Starter and decided to install that myself (backwards, I know...) Is there a way for me to wire up the remote starter to work with my car alarm, I'm getting sick and tired of using two different controllers every time I wanna start my car (Disarm Alarm, Start Car, Arm Car With Bypass Of Ignition)  Any Info I would appreciate it beyond belief...  Thanx
To Get Someone's Attention, You Can't Merely Tap Them On The Shoulder, You Have To Hit Them With A Sledgehammer.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic