icon

alternating turn signals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southpawboston 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
i have two turn signal bulbs on each front corner of the car; one on the bumber and one on the fender. as stock, they are wired together and flash simultaneously.
i'd like to add a circuit to cause the fender-mounted bulb to flash ALTERNATELY with the bumper-mounted bulb.
i've been scratching my head with this one for a long time...thanks!
noeljimmy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

it is only happen when u turn on the 'small lamp' (i dont know what it called,i only know that u turn on the lamp switch,u must turn twice,the first time is 'small lamp',the second is the head lamp)

first,u cut away the negative(-) of the signal bulb on the fender.DONT USE THE NEGATIVE OF THE SIGNAL BULB ON THE FENDER!!!!!

second,u attach the positive(+)of the 'small lamp' to the negative(-) side of the signal bulb on the fender,then done.

when u turn on the 'small lamp',turn on the signal switch,the fender-mounted bulb will flash ALTERNATELY with the bumper-mounted bulb.

do with the same procedure with both side of the signal

fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

use this circuit  ------> Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse  on this page----> https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp instead of a momentary pulse use the signal from the existing blikers that turn on/off on the output hook up one more relay as follows. output to pin 85, ground to pin 86, one parking light on pin 87, one parking light on pin 87a, and whatever the parking lights switch to normally to turn them on (12v or ground) put on pin 30. This will do one side of the car. there is a way to make it work for both sides but too hard to explain via e-mail so an easier way would be to make another one for the other side.

g'luck

Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
one other thing..... i'm not sure what kind of car you have, but - on GM's, the one on the fender as you call it (side marker light) does exactly what you're wanting already, but it only does it when the headlights are on.  when the headlights are on, all the marker lights illuminate, and when you hit the turn signal, they alternate off/on  on/off with the turn signals, so - just for kicks, you may wish to go turn your headlights on, and while they're on, observe your turn signals and marker lights just to see if yours behave that way as well.
fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
southpawboston dont hook it up the way i told you. I was thinking about it today and i realized that if you do it that way one of your blinkers will always be on ... oops. I'll see if i can draw up a circuit and send it to you so the light wont stay on
Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
terryr 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic