icon

having problems with 03 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramit Damnit 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

i have tried searching post on dodges....and havent ran across any problems like mine...

I'm installing a crimestopper remote start/alarm....everything is workin except remote start and running lights flashing when lock/unlock...i have power, ign1 and ign2 hooked up....but ign 2 has a red & RED / white wire...that must be powered up to start the truck....(red) powers dash...(RED / white) starts truck when key is in on position. So i put in a relay for the pink/white wire on the alarm system to try and activate both ign2 wires

pink/white- tapped into red or RED / white, then i tapped  back into the pink/white to activate relay on 86,85- gound, 87 - 12V power (main power), 30- other wire (red or RED / white) STILL DOESNT WORK! also on my running lights...im tryin to get them to flash when i lock/unlock the car....so i wired in another relay

cut the purple / YELLOW wire from headlight switch - switch end of wire went to 87a, other end 30, white wire (from alarm) 86, 85 ground, 87 ground with resistor...i have tried 330ohm and 1.4k ohm neither bring on the running lights...only dash lights....NEED HELP!!!

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

12 VOLTS CONSTANT... PINK/BLACK & RED / WHITE.. IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 1... BLUE (16 AWG)... IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2... RED or RED / WHITE ( 16AWG)... IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 3... DARK GREEN... IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 4... ORANGE... IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY...BLACK/ WHITE ... IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER... YELLOW... IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

PARKING LIGHTS VIOLET / YELLOW (-) AT SWITCH

PWR DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK (Single Wire System) WHITE/ GREEN    ( - )820 Ohm  DRIVER KICK PANEL

UNLOCK  ( - ) 330 Ohm  DRIVER KICK PANEL

BRAKE WHITE/ TAN ( + ) @ BRAKE SWITCH

FACTORY ALARM DISARM LT. GREEN/ ORANGE (-) DRIVER KICK PANEL

FACTORY ANTI-THEFT TYPE TRANSPONDER                  (GRAY KEY ONLY)

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Dauber 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
If 330 doesn't work on the parklights, try 390 ohms, that should work. 
Kyle@Audio Obsession Sound
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
 I Have used 460 Ohm for Parking Lights (Negative )or you can run Positive lead out under hood to Relay box........USE THE SMALL GAGE BLUE WIRE! ** BLACK / YELLOW (+) At Relay Box Under Hood Or At Parking Light
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
ramit Damnit 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
are these igntition wires for an '03 dodge cause they werent listed on my wiring diagram ....also how many relays would i have to wire up to activate all these ignition wires??...do i need a relay for the running lights?...or tap directly into the purple / YELLOW with an inline resistor?
ramit Damnit 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
anybody with a dodge have this problem??
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I install remote starters and alarms into 4-8 of these vehicles a week. I always grab parklight at the underhood fuse box (BLACK / YELLOW). Ignition wires are blue (16awg) and RED / white (16awg), accesories are green (12awg) and orange (16awg) starter is yellow. Power is pink/black and red (12awg for both).
locks are dependant of whether the truck has a factory alarm. to test, turn key in drivers door lock, if all doors lock than you have an alarm. the wire to use then is the lt.GREEN/ orange wire in the drivers kick, if not than you use the WHITE/ dk.green wire in the same location. If equiped with factory alarm you need a double pulse to unlock.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Rmeyer 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
on the 03 model if you look under the driver side dask you will find a white box just right of the parking brake . if you look at the harness coming from the dash you will find a BLACK / YELLOW that is positive. this wire is only on the 03's if the truck is a 02 you can tap the purple / YELLOW at the headlight switch and add a 330 ohm  resistor but you may need to amplify the ground signal if the on-board relay is not strong enough.  
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
I find it easier to just go under the hood, as it is the same on the 03's and 04's, negative parklight you need to interupt the wire as the wire rests at ground.
CCroadshoptn 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

If you get your parking lights at the switch you'll end up blown the lights in your dash board or burning up your dimmer switch. If you test that wire at the switch with your meter you'll notice and starts @ 12v then drops down as you turn the dimmer switch. If you have running lights on the top of your truck you can get the wire in the a-piler. If not you'll have to pull the headlight and grab it at the parking light harness.

Mecp Certified
Double check advice with your Meter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic