icon

1995 Chevrolet Suburban APS-996A

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hitekrednek 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all...  I am looking to purchase and install 2 remote-start alarm systems in both my 95 Chevy K1500 truck and Suburban.  I have scoured through the internet and these forums to find the answers to my questions and I'm sitting about 50/50.  I been looking at remote-start alarms on Ebay and I've noticed the Delta Pro, Matrix, Mannix, and several other brands are identical systems and read it in old posts here as well.

Basically I'm eye-balling the Crimestopper CS-2015 and the Delta Panther Pro 5005, because under the Delta name you get a power window module.  I think DEI products are good but a little too pricey.  I just don't want to purchase a head-ache.  I had a "Bulldog" remote starter that worked great for 2 weeks, then it malfunctioned and cost me $120 for a new starter.  Bulldog replaced the faulty brainbox, but not my starter.

Any help you all can give me is very, very, very much appreciated!!!!!

brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
Look at the Commando line of products. I have sold their stuff for a year now and not had any problems. Go to www.commandoalarms.com. Good luck with your desison.
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
The Crimestopper 2015 ia a good unit but the pager is pretty big.If you don't need a pager get a Crimestopper 2011.They are very reliable units and they don't cost an arm and a leg!
Hitekrednek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 95 Chevy 1500 with the factory keyless entry.  I'm installing an Audiovox APS996A.  Unless I'm misunderstanding something it looks as if the lock system is 3-wire positive with keyless entry and 5-wire reverse polarity without keyless.  If you guys could clarify for me I'd be much appreciative.  Also, I'm thinking with factory keyless it should be a 2-wire connection as all the necessary relays should already be in place.  Thanks!!!

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
you're right its a simple positive if it has factory keyless and reverse polarity if it doesnt
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
do you have a keyless remote then bingo thats you answer.....nice and easy postive door locks....
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
Hitekrednek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guys!  You all are great!  Do I need to unplug the factory keyless module or just spice into the relays.  I think I can just splice into the relays.  Otherwise, I'm going to have a hell of a time getting to the plugs on the factory keyless module.  I think they built the dash around that module.  No wonder my remote has no range, lol.  Thanks again kgerry and bmf1000d, I really appreciate it.
Hitekrednek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  

I'm installing an Audiovox APS-996A on a 95 Chevy K1500.  I have two wires to hookup for my parking lights.  1st one is called a "Parking Light Flasher Feed," and the install manual says it is the common contact of the on board parking flasher relay.  It also says if connecting to a vehicle with +12V switched parking lights, to connect it to a fused 12V source.  If the lights are ground switched to connect to ground.  I'm not sure wether I'm 12V switched or not.  I know "brown wire" at my switch is 12+ when parking lights are on.

The second wire is a "Parking Flasher Output."  Says this wire is the normally open contact of the on board parking light relay.  It says connect to  the parking light feed wire, which I believe to be the above mentioned "brown wire" that switches to 12V when switch is turned from off to park light.  Thanks for your help.  It is greatly appreciated 

jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
the first wire that you've mentioned is an input wire for your alarm brain, which tells the brain whether to output a ground signal or a +12v signal to turn on your parking lights. in your case, you should connect this wire to a +12v constant source.
since you already know that your brown wire is your positive parking light wire, then connect the "parking flasher output" to that brown wire.
good luck
Hitekrednek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  

I'm ready to test my Audiovox APS-996A.  I ohmed out my tach wire to check the continuity and i get .506 ohms of resistance.  It goes to 0 as soon as I touch the wire then climbs to .506 and varies slightly.  Is this normal, or is my soldered connection bad?  Thanks!!!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic