icon

Boston Pro's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nedgeworth 
Silver - Posts: 264
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking into getting these for my next speakers for my front stage. As i don't have access to hear them i was wondering what other ppl's thoughts on them we're.
They will of course be used in a SQ setup.
Boston Pro's 6.5
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
I think that bostons are some of the nices speakers available for car Audio. I would take them over anything focal, quart of Diamond can offer any day of the week.
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree. My firends owns a pair and he has them hooked up to an alpine amp and they sound Great! I would highly recommend these speakers!
Soccer_aholicBoston Pro's - Last Post -- posted image.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
I don't own a pair of those speakers yet, but I plan on within the next few months.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
cgresik 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
I have a pair of the pro 6.53's and a set of pro 6.5's and I love them. No matter what kind of music you listen to they will blow away any other set of speakers. Just make sure you power them with a good clean amp.
nedgeworth 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah will be running them off the audison SRx3 Boston Pro's - Last Post -- posted image. So far the comments sound very pleasing anyone else got an opinon on them? I would really love to hear someone who didn't like them and why.
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

I used to own a pair of the Pro 6.53's until I sold them a little while back.  I worked for a Boston dealer for a while and loved selling them.  First time I heard them in the Boston Bug demo vehicle is when I fell in love.  They have a great sound, very detailed highs, and a good thick midrange, just how I like it.  The only thing is that the highs can get a little raspy at higher volumes depending on the music you are listening to.  It's the only beef... I have ever had with using aluminum dome tweeters.  I sold the Bostons to buy a pair of Quart Q three ways for the front and there Premiums for the rear. I found them to be a little more transparent and the midrange is a little sweeter, but were talking about a huge price difference between these sets of speakers.  For $450 I have to say the Bostons will be the best choice if not the Quart Premiums for $500.  But it is all up to what you think sounds best.

nedgeworth 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  
bump ^-^

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic