icon

remote troubles or not?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ok this issue started brewing in another post but it didnt really catch on so here goes. First of all I have an Omega Max using the 2 way remote. When I remote start the car it is very hard to get the remote to work again while the car is running. Its very difficult to disarm/unlock it and just as difficult to shut the car down with the remote. The only way to do it is hold the button(s) down very hard and keep them depressed for several seconds. Once again this problem is ONLY after the car has been running in RS mode. I have not tried turning my radio off yet but I will. Also, maybe the ignition system in the car is casing some interference? Who knows, but its a pain in the butt.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
i have that unit in my van and it works perfect. i dont have problems what so ever. where do you have the antenna mounted??? how old is the system?? have you tried the other transmitters??
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
FullForce 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  
i use the transmitters that come with it (the 1 way) and same thing ... the antenna is in the upper left corner of the windshield ..... it has hella range on it, i just have to hold the buttons down hard and depress them longer to get it to respond when i come up to it after it has been running in RS
JMaxx93 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
i actually have the same problem w/ my viper 550 esp that has been installed for a year and a half or so now.  and i had a major problem w/ the range on a mustang with a three month old clifford rsx3.5
geotexz71 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
First, make sure the ground location chosen is a good solid one. Then re-route your antenna, and consider adding some shielding sleeve to the cable if you don't have much length to play with. Your description, particularly because it occurs only while the vehicle is running, leads me to believe you are experiencing some RF interference out of the ignition, charging, or on-board computer management system. It's not uncommon to have these problems on the LH forward mounted antennas because that is the same location where the automotive electronics are clustered.
FullForce 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
well for the past 2 days it has operated like a champ! for the last 2 days it has been warm also ... beats me but i may mount the antenna on more rearward windows or pillars for now on

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic