icon

punch 401s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tee17 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
also the ma audio amp that i saw had competition series on it.  also are phoenix gold amps any good? i saw one that was 300 watts x1. just asking
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Find yourself one of the biggest and baddest 2 channel amplifiers that you can and run it in bridged mode. Wire your 3 subs in an all series circuit to 6 ohms. The amp will power all of the subs with ease. A Planet Audio TT2600 or a Rockford Punch P8002 would be a good start. The biggest 2 channel amp with the larger fuse size is your best bet.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tee17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
alright forbidden one last amp. power acoustik lt series 980.  980 peak bridged, 560 rms x 1, 280 x 2 at 2ohms, 220 rms x 2 @4ohms
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Not a great choice. 560w rms x 1 @ 4 ohm mono  with 3 subs in series = about 400 rms x1 @ 6 ohms or about 140 watts per speaker. It will work but not get loud and the risk of clipping the amp is great. This is why I suggested the big bad Planet amp or any 2 channel amp with a big fuse size of 80 amps or more. The Rockford amp is rated at 800 w rms x 1 @ 4 ohm mono and is usually underrated as compared to the listed power. Choose the amp with the largest fuse size to fit your budget.

tee17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden i cant win with you but i want to thank you for helping me out i really appreciate it. my budget is at about 250.00 bestbuy has a 501s for that price can u give me something decent in that range
forbidden 
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

As I am a dealer, I want to abide by the rules of the site, I will offer you advice and recommendations only, sometimes a little more if the circumstances warrant. As you are in the states and I am in the Great White North EH, I can only recommend that you shop around for an amp, the one with the largest fuse in your price range might be the one to buy, if the 501 is all you can afford right now, it can always be used as a great amp to power front speakers down the road. It will not give you all the subs are capbale of but it will not be a waste of money either. If the dealer has a number of 501 amps in stock, they all come with a "birth certificate", choose the one with the biggest power rating.

zr-deuce 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2004 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  

I thought the ts-w305c was an SVC 4ohm

the website lists at SVC 4ohm or DVC dual 4ohm

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic