icon

Marine audio application

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
we have an eclipse deck in our boat, it never skips, they have great oversampling. we use 6 sony xplode mid speakers because of their non-paper cones. There is a 15" mtx dvc in the bow in a sealed box, hooked up to a fosgate punch 400 amp. which also powers 2 speakers on the tower. The deck powers the other 4 mids. We have a second battery hooked up with a charger kit. We can run the stereo completely dead, or use the wakeboarding lights or the hella offroad lights all night on a boose cruise. The second battery goes dead and the boat will still start and run great. This is all in a 1991 Mastercraft Prostar 190 with a samson wakeboard tower.
Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
p4-33 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys,
Space considerations limit me to 10" subs, and I have room for two of them. Haven't looked at the Eclipse, so are these "marine" quality? MB Quart has 10" models rated for wet locations, still looking at other options.
I'd still like to know more about my electrical current capacity with a BB Chevy charging system. Any input there?
Rod, I'm taking a closer look at the MBQuart NRA-450 head and the NRA-MR1 remote. They are pricey, but apppear to be what I'm after. Any tips on where to go online for some decent spec info? Best prices? The MB Quart site doesn't have squat on their marine line (yet), other than speakers.
Thanks,
Brian
p4-33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
OK, so it looks like my alternators are Delco's, putting out 65A. They will charge a 900 CCA Marine Sears Die-Hard. Will only be using a battery for audio.
Here's my proposed equip list:
MB Quart NRA-450 reveiver with NRA-MR1 wired remote
Memphis Belle 16-ST1300D 75w @4ohm + 1000w @1ohm amp
Poly Planar 6900 6x9 x4 marine speakers 100RMS @4ohm
Polk Audio 10" Momo 500w marine subs x2, parallel @2ohm
Will my charging system keep up? Ok, now I'll ask...
should I use a capacitor?
Thanks everyone!
Thanks,
Brian
p4-33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
oops... where's that "edit" button...
...using one battery for audio.
Thanks,
Brian
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

I think the MB Quart marine subs would be alot better then the Polk ones. I would just buy all of your speakers and your head-unit from MB Quart because of their quality marine line. Infinity makes a pretty good line of marine speakers also. Its their Kappa line and its available on Crutchfield.com. I would only buy the Infinity if you can't find the MB Quart stuff though.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

So sorry dudes, have been way busy here for the last 6 days, need sleep, 18 hour days for 6 days. Eclipse makes my favorite sub, the aluminum, however due to the environment that you are mounting the subs in, it is not my first choice. My second favorite 10" sub right now is the MB Quart reference 10". A 1.25 cu. ft. ported enlosure (1"x6"x6" slot port). I would consider the marine Quart subs or if the dollars do not allow, at least a poly cone or aluminum cone sub with a good warranty. Planet Audio has 5 years, consider them. Head into a local dealer and listen to the MB Quart speakers, this will tell you if you should be replacing all the speakers with MB Quart, one listen and you'll probably be saying, that damn Rob just might have been onto something.

MB  Quart is available on-line from unauthorized dealers, this means no warranty from MB Quart. If you buy on-line, sure you may get a warranty from the company you purchase from but if and when they get caught selling the unauthorized products, they will not be able to replace the product they sold you with the same product you purchased. Stay away from the e-tailer. MB Quart, Planet Audio, Eclipse and more companies every day are only available from authorized dealers, dealers there to help you when you need it and offer the proper factory warranty if needed. Sometimes the best deal is not the best deal when it comes to e-tailing.

Special thanks to the12volt.com for removal of the unauthorized dealer who's name had been flashing in the header of this site, it is nice to see the site support us honest and hard  working dealers and I am proud to offer my support and services to  the site.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic