icon

is change good? Phoenix gold or alpine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ant@unigoal 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I'm intrested in some feedback on the system I'm about to set up in my 96 accord. Right now I have a sinlge 15" JL audio sub running off a Phoenix gold M50, and a 4 channel alpine running my mids & tweets. I just bought a M25 to complete the system so I can choose to compete in the 0-99 watt power class at any local competition. Now I checked out my M25 but it just doesn't impress me with it's output. I'm considering changing my Sub to 4 8" sony subs (the red pentagon shaped ones) but before I do I want some more input from anyone who might have ran a setup simular to this. I don't think the M25 has enough balls to run the 4 8" subs but it might run all my mids and tweets. what do you think?
cheagreen 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

Sony=Trash

Pentagon Shape=Stress points

Sony+Pentagon=Disappointment when your drivers fail after 1 year(at most) of use.

Sony doesn't put a dime into making their car audio equipment. 

Head Unit:Pioneer-Deh-1600
Fronts:Kicker 6x8 S57's
Front Amp:Coustic PowerLogic Amp460
Rear Fill:Stock 6x8's
Subs: 2 10" JL Audio W3's
Sub Amp: JBL bp600.1
Wiring: KnuKonceptz
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Keep your JL 15" sub. Sony equipment will never come close to the performance of JL.
shawn62 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
dont go with sony they suck and dont last long
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
perhaps try playing around with porting your box to get the most output...  it may take time, and and expert, but your should be able to get good results will little power.
pioneer86 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Don't ever buy Sony equipment, unless you want to throw your money away.  Your single JL 15" will blow those three 8"s out of the water.  Just to give you an idea of how much Sony subs suck....I'm running two Premier 10's in my Celica with 93w, and it was louder and clearer than 4 15" Sony Pentagons running 1000w.  Stick with the JL man, save the money.
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
4 8"s that would be an interesting setup, i wonder what it would sound like...
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2004 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Im gonna go on record of saying that I do not like sony equipment with the exception of their video stuff. With that said I have found that if you use the sonys in a ported box with about 1.25-1.5 cubes per side and throw a whole wack of power at them they can actually sound not that bad, at least not bad for being 100$ subs. As well I have to point out that sony equipment has been getting better, quality wise, over the past year. I found that I have had to replace far less sony equipment this year as opposed to previous years. With that being said, if you are looking for big output, NEVER USE EIGHTS. With the exception of a few subs out their eights do not put out huge output, just quick light bass. I had a buddy who went from one Solobaric 10" to 4 eight inch planet audio subs. I cant remember the line but they were yellow kevlar. The salesman convinced my buddy that with the 4 eights the increased cone area would give him far more output. Instead of consulting me he just went ahead and did it. He snaped off every one of them in less than a week. What a usless venture.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine is your best bet outta what u have
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic