icon

Stopping Engine noise Interference

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bradsyukno 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, the noise is only coming through the subs.  while playing I turn my bass control up and the noise gets louder, down and it gets quit.  I thought that may be part of the problem so I unplugged that and it did not help.  The only time the noise goes away is when I unplug the RCAs.

I will try regrounding the amp once again.  I would think if the amp was not grounded  good enough, it would play at all.

Do you see this problem offten?

Mr Hexed
Prophit 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
I would check the ground on your deck.
bradsyukno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
I checked that yesterday and I did not see a ground lead coming off the Deck.  I am not sure exactly were the ground lead should be attached to the deck also.  It shows that the ground lead should be connected in the manual but not specifically where exactly.
Mr Hexed
bradsyukno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Matter of fact I don't think that I have ever seen a ground lead attached to the Actual head unit.  I  know in the wiring harness that comes out of the HU has a ground wire with in it.  The only other place to ground it would be the case of the HU. 
Mr Hexed
bradsyukno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  

I re-grounded my amp and I am still getting noise through my subs.  I have checked everything I know and it won't stop.  I ran new RCA and that didn't work.  What else is there to do to stop this.  There has to be a solution. 

I am using a Coustic XM3e crossover which should filter some of the noise out.  When I had my stuff installed the tech hooked in to my ignition wire to server as the remote for my amp and Xover.  Would that cause a problem?

Mr Hexed
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
no... you either have an open ground in the audio stage of one of your components or you have a ground loop problem... bypass the x-over and see if you still have the same problem, if you do then go out and buy a ground loop isolator from an install shop.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
bradsyukno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

While my car is running I am getting noise through my subs even when my Deck is off.  When tured on it is louder, when Bass is turned full and deck volume down, interference louder as well.

I bought one and hooked it up and it stopped the engine noise but it also killed some of my bass.  I reasearched the isolator and found it will cause you volume of bass to be less when using the isolator.  That problem only occurs when using an older amp, late 80's early 90's.  My amp is about ten years old. 

The install shop used the ignition wire as the remote wire before I installed the Alpine.  Do you think that may cause it? 

Mr Hexed
customsound 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
unplug your RCA cables, if you lose the engine noise use a ground loop isolator, there are lots out there like Scosche, Lightning, etc.

just like he said use a ground loop isolator it will help

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
no using the ign as a remote turn on, the only problem is that if you are getting engine noise there is no way to shut off the amp since it is remoted on when ign is on, put in a throw switch to shut off the remote feed to the amp or else use a switching device to turn the amp on proerly, like DEI's 55000 which takes an AC signal from a speaker wire and converts a 12V DC turn on voltage... they work great when wiring an amp to a factory head unit that does not have a remote out voltage.
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
hammondc 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
is there a supressor for alternator whine? I have a little I would love to lose.  all power and signal cables are separated.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic