icon

Viper 560xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dominos911 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Viper 560xv in a 2000 Honda Accord. I have read the installation manual and was wondering how to install a trunk trigger input since there is none on this alarm. I have check the H1/6 wire already and it is labled multiplex input. Is there a way to either 1. Convert the mulitplex input to be a trunk trigger if so how would I go about doing that. 2. If not how would I install a trunk trigger. Thanks for the info in advance!
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
there should be a blue wire on the main harness, that is a instant trigger input.  if your trunk is a negative trigger, then just run a wire from the trunk trigger to that wire, otherwise if not a negative trigger, use a relay to convert polarity.  Hope this helps.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
dominos911 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
daniel2002p,
The blue wire is the mulitplex input and that is the only blue wire on the main harness.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
dominos911 wrote:
I am installing a Viper 560xv in a 2000 Honda Accord. I have read the installation manual and was wondering how to install a trunk trigger input since there is none on this alarm. I have check the H1/6 wire already and it is labled multiplex input. Is there a way to either 1. Convert the mulitplex input to be a trunk trigger if so how would I go about doing that. 2. If not how would I install a trunk trigger. Thanks for the info in advance!
That H1/6 blue wire on the alarm harness will respond to a negative input. If your 2000 Accord is equipped with a trunk light you could use your trunk light as a trigger.The trunk light wire you could find it in the driver kick panel, make sure you use a Digital Multimeter when you test any wire. This wire will see 12volts when the trunk is closed and will see ground when the trunk is opened. The H1/6 wire can also be used for other DEI single stage sensors, along for hood and trunk.Good luck on you install.
dominos911 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
nava94,
Thanks for the info! That was very helpful.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic