icon

Need help with Viper 550ESP remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KiDFuZioN 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
I can't seem to get the remote start feature of the Viper 550ESP to work. I'm pretty sure that everything was connected correctly. When i press the button for remote start all that happens is that I can hear the starter kill relay buzz. It buzzes than shuts off then tries to start again and the same thing happens, the relay buzzes. I have a 98 Accord Coupe.
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
a buzing relay is bad, either its not getting a good ground or a solid 12 volts or maybe it is the relay, the next question is where is the large purple wire connected from the relay pack? it has to be connected to the side of the relay going away from the ignition switch
zargon ruler of estranorth
instalher 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

dude your hood is open and the pin switch is grounding out.

the true measure of a man is the size of ring his wife wears!!
KiDFuZioN 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

zargon wrote:
a buzing relay is bad, either its not getting a good ground or a solid 12 volts or maybe it is the relay, the next question is where is the large purple wire connected from the relay pack? it has to be connected to the side of the relay going away from the ignition switch

The purple wire is connected to the side that is connected to the steering wheel. Its not connected to the side of the ignition switch. The hood is closed when I try to start the car but it's still giving that buzzing sound from the relay. What kind of relay does the Viper 550ESP use for the remote start? I'm pretty sure that its grounded correctly. It used to work before, but after I got the car back from replacing the transmission the remote start doesn't work anymore.

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
The relay is and bosch type 12v 30amp SPDT
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
KiDFuZioN 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
But what could be causing the remote start to not work? It worked fine before so I don't know why it wouldn't work now. All the wires are still connected.
KiDFuZioN 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know why the remote start doesn't work? The relay buzzes but the remote start won't engage.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
get in there with a meter and verify all the connections, unfortunately we cant do it for you and are not psychic... i'm sure if you begin to check all the connections with a DMM you'll find the problem....  quite probably if it worked fine before being serviced and doesnt now...they disconnected something....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
KiDFuZioN 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
What would I test for? I am pretty much a compelete noob when it comes to this. thanks
instalher 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
have you checked your ground, i just had the same problem with a 98 safari van, my ground was screwed in tight but when i put my meter in the molex at the brain i only had 10 volts!! i changed the ground and the buzzing stopped and she worked like a hot damn.
the true measure of a man is the size of ring his wife wears!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic