icon

Partsepress sub ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pervitizm 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'm seriously considering running one of those partsexpress(Kove) 15's till I can save up and get my Diamond subs. Now the specs for this sub says that this sub could run in vented box around 2.5 cubic ft. My ? is I have a 99 Durango SLT and I want to keep the third row seats. Is it possible for me to make a 2.5 cubic ft box that will fit back there without me having to give up the third row seats? Also what is the max cubic ft for the cargo area of the Durango with and without the third row seats (answer this one if you can cause I sure as hell can't)?
Question like this really make me wish I had a Suburban right now.....LOL!
P.S.
If I do get this sub I'm gonna run it off an MTX 801D till I can get a bigger amp.
live & die 4 tha luv of BASS!!!!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Those Kove 15's are awesome SPL subs.  SQ is a bit weak, in my opinion, but they are very good drivers for the price.  Take a tape measure and get the dimensions of the area you are willing to sacrafice in your truck and I'll be happy to suggest a way to make 2.5CUFT fit for you.  Post lenght - width - height you have available (with your third seat in place.)
sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2004 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
I have a pair of the Kove Armageddon ZM series 12" subs.  They are unbeliveable.  Parts Express is not really allowd to be selling those subs but whatever works I guess.  I had my subs put into a custom ported box.  You can't grab the specs for them anymore because Kove just changed up all of their lines of car audio.  Anyway, if you need the specs for the 15" ZM sub, here's the direct number to the Kove Audio warehouse in Cali.  (818) 225-8790.  My cousin owns Sound Waves down in Cali and does about 75% of his business with Kove Audio products.  He did Fred Durst's Porsche and the System of A Down's drummer Johnny's Viper (too bad he totaled it 3 months later, but sh*t happens).  Anyway I have pretty much any hook up to give you the right info for that sub.  Just let me know.  Hope that helps...
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap
pervitizm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replys, will take the measurements tomorrow and I'll post them in here so I can find out exactly what amount of space I'm working with.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

sonicsound wrote:
Parts Express is not really allowd to be selling those subs but whatever works I guess....

Actually, PE bought out a bunch of old stock from Kove that they couldn't sell, and the model has been re-designed.  The deal was simply that they could not advertise the brand name since they are undercutting dealer's retail.  The subs they have are the 12" and 15" Armageddon series from 2000-2002 model years.  Made in the USA and darn good quality.

sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2004 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Cool I did not know that, thanks.  I was told they weren't really allowd to sell it, I didn't know it was the older models though... Thanks for the info
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap
pervitizm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2004 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
Finally got the chance to measure the area in back of the truck today and this is what I've come up with. 40 width x 16 depth x 16 height = roughly around 6 cubic feet total to play with. This is the area caculated with the third row seats up. Now since I know I have around 6 cft to play with, since the sub needs 2.5cft could I realistly <sp> put two of these back here?
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
2.5 cu ft for a ported box.. that seems a little low. u sure thats not the sealed specs? most 15's need a good 3-5 cu ft for ported.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
pervitizm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
check the link on the very first post, cause it says 2.5 cu ft vented. I might just go with one and call it a day.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic