the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Omega max and 2002 trooper

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AZ-ss 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
 Ok, Ihit a few snags with this install. I am hooking up an Omega Max to this trooper that has a factory alarm. I hooked up the "Factory disarm "(YELLOW /GREEN)  wire to the BROWN / red wire. Problem is, it seems that every time that the factory alarm has armed itself and I Disarm the Omega, the factory alarm goes off. I think it's the domelight supervision setting off the alarm. Is there a way to get the factory alarm to work in sync with the Omega?

I also need to hook up a secondary relay for the second ignition wire (BLK/RED) in order for the remote start to work. The Omega has an auxillary relay port that has three leads (-ign), (+12v), and (-acc) Does anyone know how I can add the second relay? I would run out and buy the relay kit that Omega sells BUT I can't find anywhere that carries the thing.

Lastly, I have tried numerous times to program the "echo" remote. The alarm doesn't go into program mode no matter how many times I press the valet switch. (According to the instructions you are supposed to switch ign on, then off and hit valet 5 times) Does anyone have any ideas?

I really REALLY appreciate any assistance with this thing. I have alot of experience with car audio, but alarms I avoided until now, and considering still choosing to avoid them (sigh).

markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
hey AZ-ss, You are in double luck here. For one, I have had the exact same problem 3 weeks ago. (using Omega max) I too had 1 ignition but needed 2 Igns.   Two, there is a user here named draash (David) who can sell you that RS-RP).    The programming works very well. I've had no problems with it. Just follow the instructions, they work as they are written. Just there is 1 error on the last page, but that's for Tach sense on/off. Good luck. Well you already got good luck. Enjoy.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic