the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

MECP's - where should I get it installed?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
g0a_ 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

Take it to the Mom and Pop

=)

small independents need your business and besides.

whos more likely to care more about your install?

Some Huge corporation or a more personal outfit who might even have the same staff next year if you want something else =)

good luck

Joey

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

Javelin3o4 wrote:
Alarms at Best Buy include the installation, the only thing is it doesnt include installing any bypass modules, or add on modules like the 508D's or backup batts. bypass module installs run about $25.00, 508d i think would cost about 40 bucks, and if you need acuators in the doors they charge 20 for the actuator and 50 for the labor and wire(per door).However sometimes if you are buying additional accessories they will sometimes give you a break on the labor, just gotta ask. at the bby I work at we are all about making our installs as clean as possible, we also use solder and tape, no T-Taps.

good call on more than just a $4 materials charge.  my install bay charges for anything not basic.  it might sound crappy of us but we do the best job ive ever seen.  there are some other shops in town that just shouldnt be allowed to touch cars.  im not saying you have to pay a lot to get a good job, but when we have to spend extra time on something not basic its nice to get compensated for it, as far as having a high revenue bay.  at my other install bay back home we cant charge the same way.  different town, different market, different customers.  youll have more free basics with less customs there.  things like 5wi, one wire, resistor parking lights, all sorts of stuff get quoted as customs.  trunk pop is $30 (relay and custom).

but in the end, you get a good install.  you get harassed by the other installers if you do crap work.  and you get things like your top box gets saran-wrapped and flipped over on the bottom tool box.  they dont want you there if you suck.  youll get your tool box covered in rockford fosgate stickers too, thats embarrasing.

final note, for customers that buy the 3.5 of avital 4300, we tend to make smaller install quotes since you are already paying like $400 plus.

MECP certified installer
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
I'm also an installer for Best Buy, and we stand behind our work.  In my area, I've noticed most MOM and POP shops won't stand behind their installs.  Their installers work on comission therefore they do cheesy work on the smaller jobs so they can land the bigger paying job.  And as for a warranty,      forget about it!  If you want a good quality install with guaranteed warranty work, stick with someone with a reputation.  This is a sales pitch for Best Buy, just a bit of advice.  Yes if might get done cheaper, but will they stand behind their work?
Do it right the first time
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic