icon

problem with kicker subs and 200ix amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
exmxracer33 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
I am running a 200ix oldschool rockford amp to two kicker comp vr's.  Whenever i try and give the subs more than a little power they distort and bottom out really bad. I dont know if they are blown or what. Please reply with any feedback. The subs also get outside interference ....like a buzzing. I have run the subs to the amp bridged and non bridged but still they distort really bad.
exmxracer33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

also, i have tried a ton of ways to fix this. i have checked and re checked the connections of the subs, amp, ground, batt....everything i am just stumped. i think, at this point that the subs are blow,. i am running this off of a kdcx 469, i know that the filters and crossovers are set correctly too.

bryceyaworsky 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
more that a little power...  Are you cranking the gain right up?  Do you have the bass boost at max?  What is the power rating of the amp and subs?  How old are the subs?  What size are the enclosures and subs?
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
what size cvrS???? b/c i  had 2 12s and i put well over there rms and didnt blow em... i put over 600w 2 one of them and it pounded
shane7643701 
Copper - Posts: 41
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 kicker comp cvr's 12's with a kicker kx 800.2 that pushes 954 Wrms and have them on a 2ohm load and havent blowed them yet
live in your world, come play in mine
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
damn nice.... maybe it was my box.... (bandpass)
shane7643701 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
mine are in a sealed box, never liked the bandpass, I dont like the sound they put out, use a sealed box,
exmxracer33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
the gains are about 3/4 of the way up and same with the bass bost. I have them in sterio mode and all they do is distort like crazy. they arent very  old and i know they arent blown because i itested them on another amp. I am getten crazy interferance from somthing as well.....engine noise but i have had my ground in three different places all of which have given the same interferance. My rca wires run down the left side of the cab and my power wire runs down the right side so i know that they arent causing interferance with eachother. The only thing that i can think of is that i dont have my antenna adapter yet so my antenna isnt plugged in..but would that be causing the interferance. I have also gone back and doubble checked every connection and re-taped all of them ground, power, inside the box for the subs, remote. The subs are 8 ohm subs but in sterio mode my amp runs at 4 ohms.....is this a problem? I wouldent think it is but this is only my third system install so i am not really familiar with what subs can run off of different amps. Please help i am STUMPED.
exmxracer33 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

BTW they are 12" subs in a sealed box but i have had them in 2 diff boxed....same result with both.

shane7643701 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
If I get a problem like this, I always go back take everything out and install it again, checking everything really good, check your rca's and everything, plug your antenna in also
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic