icon

Building a new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse!? I think you would love the bass they put out.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
i agree with forbidden, having three subs hooked up to two amps is a little on the unpractical side, in my opinion if you are going to do that you might as well get three amps to match your 3 subs, three jbl 600.1 instead of 1 1200.1 and 1 600.1 makes more sense to me at least
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hey this is for forbidden, to me the warranty is not that big of a deal. If i break something I will just buy something new. Yeah I was aware that two batteries would include an mbi. it was in my plan. are you still recommending that I just stick with replacing the stock battery and not put in an extra? Cause if it is not worth it there is not point wasting my money. Also what would you recommend for a system and how to set it up?
Soccer_aholicBuilding a new system - Page 2 -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I would not jump on the second battery bandwagon yet, find out if it is needed first. You don't go out and buy size 36 levis when you are a size 30. The second that you go for multiple amps it is a massive increase in current draw and opens up the possibilities for problems with system design and reliability. KISS this system and it will perform to what you need, then you will discover if the mbi and second battery is in your future. Buy the right amp and sub and match to the proper box with a good cd player, maybe a dose of Epicenter and away you go. What spl level are you hoping to achieve? I'm busy here at the shop today, so it may take awhile for me to respond.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying hit 150db atleast. Do you think that is possible with 3 rockford Power HX2 subs and three JBL 600.1s? I think that is the system I am heading towards so far. Or do you have any suggestions for a system that would be better for about the same price range?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

What about 2 12" eclipse aluminums and  1 JBL 1200.1s? These would be plenty loud. At the local car audio shop where I live they have two 10s in a ported box and it shakes the whole store. 

forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Where in Canda are you and where do you shop for equipment, what brands are local to you? I would not head down the 3 sub amp road either, not necessary in this case.
soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
I live in Lethbridge alberta. I can get any brands. i will just drive to Calgary if i need it. Do you think i would hit 150 with just two 12 inch powers? maybe hook each one up to a 1200.1
forbidden 
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

I imagine that this is a daily driver for you and that you want to be able to listen to your music as well, correct. If this is the case then the overall design and choice of components are drastically different from a pure SPL system. 150db is stinking loud dude, way into permanent hearing damage territory. I hope that you have good or amazing front speakers, ampified and a good cd player to round it out, otherwise you will be the one note wonder bass machine. At that volume level as well it is important with the choice of the cd player. 150db is no good if the shockwave of the subs cause the cd player to skip. Just a little more things to contemplate. When do you anticipate starting this system?

soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I am planning on starting this as soon as i decide what to put in. I had two alpine type R's in there before and hit 143. Yeah i just bought a new CD player a few days ago. payed 700 for it. I am running type r components in the front with an alpine with an alpine mrd m 450 right now
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic