< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
i paid 1300 canadian for that sub, i go t ripped
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

Wow, that's about what, $1000 US?  Yes, you paid full retail plus a bit.  In that case I would definately see if there is a loud speaker repair or re-cone shop in your area. Or, contact these guys (they ship world wide and are a reputable shop) to get an estimate:

http://www.speakerworks.net/

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Was it the low down dirty dealer that pronounced no warranty or the distributor. I'll call the distributor on Monday for you and see if I can broker a deal. Where are you in Canada dude?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
it;s audiobahns fault, the distributor is called newwave, the number is 1-905-451-9767, the dealer tried for me to, andt hey can;t do nothing about it, im form windsor ontario, my name is ryan parent, the sub is 10 months old, i used it for 1 hour, and it blew, as of now, i hatin it, cause im out all that money, if i can;t get naother sub form them, i quit car audio, this situation has made me decide to give it up, i have 8000 bucks on car audio, and i have bnothing to show for it, i give up
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
oh, and thanks forbidden  for trying, if you can get me a new sub, i would pay you
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
they also told me the recone kit isn;t available yet
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
That is absolutly unbelievable. I cant believe that on a 1300 subwoofer they wont warenty it. Although the same is try for the MTX 9500. They dont warrenty it against it blowing but the canadian distributer has decided to warrenty the subwoofers on their own by giving out replacements. This seems just so wrong. How can customers put any faith in a company after hearing a story like this. I have never owned a piece of audiobahn equipment and I can assure you that after hearing this, I never will.
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, I just read through this entire thread and it makes me not want to deal with Audiobahn anymore. sh*t, if their gona screw you out of a grand, over something like a sub I'd call the better biz peepz on audiobahn. I own a pair of small audiobahn woofers (actually my girls) and they work kool, but after hearing bout this situation, I'm threw with audiobahn. I feel for you neon, its a shame the audio community has to suffer cuz a bunch of white collard bastards are too cheap to replace a sub that cost them $20 to make in china.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
yup, thanks guys, but im not giving up, i will get eithe rmy money back or the sub, one or the other, i care if i have to spend 10,000 bucks on lawyers, i will get it back, f**k audiobahn though, i stuck up for that sh*t ass company so much when people said there products sucked, and now, i see why people say they suck
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

I'm really sorry you're having to go through this.  But yes, this kind of situation is why people like me who've been dealing with audio for years tend to rag about some companies and to recomend others.  It's not always because we sell the brands we promote or because we think the brands we slam are "bad."  It's because we have seen situations like this all too often.  The situation you are in is exactly why I never recomend Audiobahn... nor Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Jensen, JVC, Volfenhag, Lanzar, Pyle, Pyramid, Boss, Soundstorm, Legacy, American Audio, Crunch, Profile, Audiovox, etc....

Contact Audiobahn directly.  Write to their corporate headquarters and explain how you feel ripped off.  Be sure to tell them you installed the equipment following the recomendations of their authorized retailer and their published information.  Tell them you communicate with a world-wide car audio enthusiast and installer community on the web and that your story had better have a happy ending if they want this community to ever recomend Audiobahn again.

Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic