icon

Audiobahn AWT15X Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
i dunno if that gonna work, i called audiobahn in the u.s. and they said they don;t deal with the canadian part, i have to deal with newwave in toronto, they deal with the audiobahn subs and warrenty
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
Aint that some usual US corperation BS. Well, try writing to the corprate HQ of Newwave. This whole thing just pisses me off at Audiobahn. Best of luck with this neon!
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
anyword forbidden??
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
I am on the phone with New Wave right now.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
wow, thanks for going out of your way for me rob, i really aprrciate it, let me know what they say
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm very interested in knowing the final resolution of this.  I have lots of friends here in Cali who sell Audiobahn, and this may very well help some make decisions about what company they want to renew contracts with...  Be sure to let us know.
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the low down for you as it sits as of 11:35 PST. I just got off the line with the Canadian Distributor, New Wave. Tim has offered you the following deal, I suggest you take him up on this offer as it is more than fair to both parties.

First be aware, that a sub does not blow on it's own, it has a root cause of the failure. This failure could be the clipping of a signal from a cd player or amp, bass boost, wrong size box (most likely), wrong port configuration etc. Whatever the cause is, this cause is your fault unfortunately. I'm not trying to point fingers here at all, but if you have a 5.0 Rustang and do the Pilsbury tire bake off, who's fault is it, yours for the heavy foot or the crappy soft tire compound?

Here is the deal, New Wave Distribution will take your sub in and recone it at no charge to you, this means that the sub when completed will be new and functional again. The only downfall here is that it will take some time to get the recone kit in from Audiobahn. This time delay is expected and unfortunate but necessary. New Wave will not keep unneccessary parts in stock and hope that people blow their subs, they order them as needed on a once a month basis. This will mean a delay of 4-6 weeks minimum, but let's hope for less. This is a good and fair deal for both parties, I suggest you take it. Glad to help you out.

97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
well, thanks a lot forbidden, thats helps me a lot, at least i can be used again, i thought i was going to have to throw it out, should i call tim at new wave, or should i just give my sub to the store i bought it from
forbidden 
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would call Tim direct at New Wave and ask him what kind of beer he drinks, he has gone out on a limb for you, throw him a fricken bone here. Leave the retailer out of the situation as it sits.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

Great work Rob.  At least the distributor seems like a company trying to do the right thing, even if the manufacturer will not.

Neon, make sure your system is not clipping (set it up properly) and build a different, smaller enclosure for this thing and PORT it if it's intended to be ported fercrissakes!

Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic