icon

Audiobahn AWT15X Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jbjohn22jb 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
No doubt!! Forbidden is a freakin magician. "Got a problem? Watch it disappear." Great job brother. I gotta back up what DY said too. If you spent all that money for that sub, get some one who knows what they are doing and get the all the things set up like they are supposed to be. Box, ports and clipping are all (but not all) problems essential to healthy sub life. Nevertheless, Great job and good luck to everyone who responded and helped neon. 
"I'm only doin' this for ya because I heard that Buffalo Bob guy shoved a road flare up yer bunghole...."
Kenwwod 315s
2 Audiobahn AWI25IT
1 Audiobahn A275HCT
1 Tsunami 1.0
1 Legacy 3.0
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

Please give credit where credit is due, I would like to thank Tim at Newwave Distribution for going to bat for this customer. Tim is the one who should be receiving the thanks. Good luck 97Neon.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
thats rob, i called tim, but, the sub is not gonna be reparied for sure, he says if the voice coil is melted they can fix it, but i don;t think it's melted, the box is the proper size, i asked tim at new wave, he said though i need to put ports in the box, 10.3 inches long i think, and he said i should up grade my wire to 2 gauge and get at least a 160 amp alternator, so im gonna do all that before the sub gets hooked up again, thanks everyone for your help
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, that's what I was trying to say all along.  5 cuft is WAY too big for a sealed enclosure.  It is at the MAX for ported.  Without the proper ports installed in that box, it is a death trap for woofers and I still think it may be why your sub fried - assuming your amp is set up properly.  I was pushing you to go for warranty replacement or repair since your retailer apparently told you this arrangement was OK.  They were, IMO, dead wrong.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well It was a lot of BS but Im glad that you got taken care of Neon. I have to commend Rob for setting this all up and for Tim to take care of the customer. Neither of you had to do anything but you did and that is very admiral. Its too bad that the retailer made money off this deal though. I have a suggestion for you neon97. If you spent that kinda money on a sub and you arent a professional installer, you should get your stuff professionally installed and set up properly. I know you are saying "I know what Im doing" but I am a pro and I would get someone elses opinion and probally get them to look over my set up when I am dealing with gear in this price range, and being as though you know what kinda hassel you had to deal with to get this fixed, if you blow it again its gonna be bassicly impossible to get it fixed again. I think it would be well worth the money to get it done if you know of a shop that you trust.
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
well said
southsider
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
im gonna have installed by a shop i trust though, i have another store wher ei buy all my other stuff form other than my sub, i will let them do it, do you think if i ran the stock 85 amp alternator it owuld be alright, cause im only keppign this neon for another 3 motnhs, i have had a very bad month, my car was t-boned because some kid ran a stop sign, totaled the one side, still driveable but very ugly looking, and canadian tire dropped my car of there hoist, so i can;t close the door, lol, so, march has been the worst month, plus, the sub fried to top it off!!!   s o would the stock alt work for a month or so, i have a yellow top in there
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

your OK for the short time you will have the car. You may not even have the sub by the time you get rid of the car.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
You won't be 97Neon anymore.  How 'bout... FreshStart?
Nt2bfkwit 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
I just read this whole thread,  Neon, might remember my question on the awt10x.  This is the only posting with this subject.  I still haven't hooked up mine yet.  Customizing a SUV is a lot of work.  I was almost sorry I bought mine.  I still have faith.  I'm glad to hear something good came out of this................I'm still a little scare but I'm moving forward.  I should have my ride fired up by this summer.....May the force be with me.
It's not a disease, It's a way of life. Eat it, drink it, dream it!!!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic