icon

Opinion on Infinity and Adire Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sobe_Death 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

well its come time to replace my trusty old rockford sub with something a little newer, and i was looking for some opinions. i am currently considering either 1 or 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" subs or one Adire Audio Shiva 12" sub.  i have never physically heard a Shiva before, so i have no comparison between the two. the box will be a sealed box, amp will be whatever is needed to adequately push the sub(s). i am mostly looking for SQ, but also be able to turn up the bass whenever i need to impress someone.  i will not be getting 2 12" subs, so the 2 sub option is only for the 10's.

thanks to any opinions, as that is all im looking for!

Parker

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

Well I can give my opinion, but it is slightly biased.

When the Shiva first came out, it was mostly compared to the Perfect's performance, but at a much lower cost.  It was designed for the ultimate in cost per performance as not one dollar was spent on it if it didn't help the performance.  That's why it looks kind of plain.  But performance wise, nothing can touch it even close to it's price.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ditto.  I love Adire products.  Very favoably comparible to Infinity Kappa line.
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well here goes my opinion, the Shiva is an awesome sub for the price. I have a couple of friends who have 'em and they sound really really good. The SQ is very good especially for the price, I don't think that their is a sub out there that can compete with it in the same price range. I know you don't want to go with two 12's but have you thought about 1 15" the tempest from adire is awesome!
cosmic charlie 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
   I got a 12" perfect (pushed by 300wrms) I'm happy, dosn't scream but does alright. The prices are coming down some, I see them on E-bay for around $110 or so. Good luck with your choice, if you pick from those two you should be happy.    CC
Cosmic Charlie
Sobe_Death 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

well, shiva it is then i guess!! i was thinking the infinity subs because i had an interior theme going on there, as well as i LOVE their sound! i just wish i could hear a shiva before buying it...Opinion on Infinity and Adire Audio -- posted image. im not a fan of making decisions on the word of others, but this time i may need to.

If i were to get a Shiva, I would most likely be using a JBL amp, probably the bp300.1.  what range  of RMS power would be the best for this sub( i know it depends on enclosure and all but just in general) as the Adire site doesnt give much in the way of power handling specs.

ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  

The shiva can handle 650 watts, the power handling specs are on the website and they can be found at the following link: http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/shiva.htm

Although the sub can handle 650 watts it doesn't take that much to make it move, you might want to rethink your amp choice as this sub is dual 8 ohm. You need something that going to put out max power at 4 ohms. Something like this amp would fit the bill nicely: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Y8DVNaObO5y/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=3&g=110&I=235USB2150&o=p&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y, and it won't break the bank either. US  Acoustics make good amps, especially for the money and I have used them before with great success.

00neon 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
ksin291 wrote:

The shiva can handle 650 watts, the power handling specs are on the website and they can be found at the following link: http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/shiva.htm

375W per voice coil; 650W total to the driver
NOTE: Power rating is thermal only!  It is NOT a power requirement; typically you get full output with significantly less power than the rating.

Taken directly from there site, Just an FYI

1 JL 12 w3 D4
1 MTX 421 D Monoblock
1 Sony Xplod 75x4
Front: Alpine SPX-177A
Rear: JL audio VR690-CXI
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
personally i would go with a pair of infinity kappa perfect 10 inchers.  their sq is amazing and with a pair of them your inner hunger for that deep loud bass will be met
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

94bonny wrote:
personally i would go with a pair of infinity kappa perfect 10 inchers.  their sq is amazing and with a pair of them your inner hunger for that deep loud bass will be met

Have you ever heard a Shiva? I have heard both side by side and prefer the SQ of the shiva over the perfect. Also the perfect in no way, shape or form can compete with the shiva on bass. The shiva will go deeper, louder and cleaner.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic