the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

wiring mono amp to (2) 4 ohm DVC woofers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
engage 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

Zup fam - !

Can anyone share their knowledge and explain how can we get a KICKER KX 1200.1 MONO AMP

to push 2 Kicker S10L7 dual 4ohms subs in sealed enclosure - ?

thanks fellas -

engage -

nyc -

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

All four voice coils in parallel = 1 ohm load on amp.  Like this:

wiring mono amp to (2) 4 ohm DVC woofers? - Last Post -- posted image.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
Just make sure that you use red and black wire like Dyohn suggests, otherwise the flux capacitor will not charge properly. AS usual Dyohn is bang on with his wiring.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
engage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

you guys R awesome - !

can yall' tell me if this a good set-up - ?

will it ROCK the subs or should I need more power - ?

soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
Man that system will be so loud, it is going to hurt!
Soccer_aholicwiring mono amp to (2) 4 ohm DVC woofers? - Last Post -- posted image.
engage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

forbidden -

is the suggested red and black wiring needed for reference in connection or are there specific wires I need to get - ?  

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

I was messing with ya, it was for reference only. Use any normal speaker wire, more than likely a 12 guage.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

I think what Rob means is if you don't use the black and red color coded wire, your hair will start to fall out early and your sphincter might pucker, and it's possible your woofer cones will invert themselves spontaneously and begin producing reverse osmosis sound waves, which can really mess with your head...

Actually, the color of the wiring is not at all important.  That's just what the JLAudio subwoofer wiring tutorial graphics (easier to cut and passte than to draw new pictures) happen to use.  He's being funny.  wiring mono amp to (2) 4 ohm DVC woofers? - Last Post -- posted image.

And yes, that system will blow the windows out of your car if you're not careful.  Ride with earplugs handy.

engage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn - dude - you scared the crap out of me - !

(dude, my hair is already thinning! don't need an amp to speed up the process!)  especially a 1200 watts one - ! wiring mono amp to (2) 4 ohm DVC woofers? - Last Post -- posted image.

u guys R' more helpful than the a*% wipes at the stores - !  yall should be consultants or something like that -

thanks all -

engage -

nyc -

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic