icon

Viper 790XV in a 2001 Jeep Wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

orange should be hooked up, accy turn on.  green needs to go to the key side of the starter wire (it should be cut with the purple going to motor side).  also you may have the wrong tach wire.  thatll stop it from cranking.  you need grey like you said at the coil for the 2.5L, and grey at the coil pack for the 4.0L.  veryify the wire is right with a DMM on ac voltage.

MECP certified installer
Stasis88 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I found the problem with the break wire and now I only get code 2 for the diagnostics which is "over-rev shut down".  What exactly does that mean?  I check the tach wire and it is correct and I am able to do the tach learning procedure successfully now so what would this be??
--
Chris
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Why not trying to switch the system from tach sensing to voltage sensing to see if that works?   As for the "over-rev shut down" my guess is that when the vehicle finally does start the engine is possibly over-revving the set tach point you programmed into the alarm brain. I know on my blazer that when the remote start is activated and you get in and accelerate the remote starter will deactivate. Guess it's some feature to help stop the engine from over-revving and blowing up, like that would ever happen.
Stasis88 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

godsegoizhuge wrote:
Why not trying to switch the system from tach sensing to voltage sensing to see if that works?   As for the "over-rev shut down" my guess is that when the vehicle finally does start the engine is possibly over-revving the set tach point you programmed into the alarm brain. I know on my blazer that when the remote start is activated and you get in and accelerate the remote starter will deactivate. Guess it's some feature to help stop the engine from over-revving and blowing up, like that would ever happen.

As for the over rev, the vehicle never starts nor tries to start, I hear nothing from the viper unit or from the vehicle. 

--
Chris
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Does the parking lights flash or do anything when you attempt to remote start? If not then you have to ground the gray/black or it might be BLACK/ white wire coming off the same plug with the brake wire and the hood pin wire.
Stasis88 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

No they don't, however I do have that one grounded.

godsegoizhuge wrote:
Does the parking lights flash or do anything when you attempt to remote start? If not then you have to ground the gray/black or it might be BLACK/ white wire coming off the same plug with the brake wire and the hood pin wire.

--
Chris
Stasis88 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
So anyone have anymore ideas? 
--
Chris
Redman14 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
I just got done installing a 790 xv in my merc cougar and you said that the neutral saftey switch was grounded to the chassis.  their should have been a switch in the kit that goes in between their.  and then it will allow you to start it
Stasis88 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

REDMAN14 wrote:
I just got done installing a 790 xv in my merc cougar and you said that the neutral saftey switch was grounded to the chassis.  their should have been a switch in the kit that goes in between their.  and then it will allow you to start it

I dont think so, my vehicle doesnt have a neutral safty switch, and leaving this wire disconnected (not grounded) doesnt help either.  No switch is included for that and why would you use a switch there anyway?

--
Chris
ccaudio 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
hook up the BLACK/ white wire to ground and it will work fine
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic