icon

Ground while remote start is on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
First off, what kind of remote start are you using? Just want to double check make sure there is no wire to use since many have it labelled under different names.. Next if there really isn't anything, it's a simple 2 relay hookup no big deal.
Relay 1:
85: To ignition 1 wire (+) on remote start
86: To Ground
30: To 12volts positive (FUSED!)
87: To Ignition 1 wire in the car
Relay 2:
85: To ignition 1 wire (+) on remote start
86: To Ground
30: To Ground
87: To the (-) activation wire on your passlock bypass.
Very simple.. Good luck,
Mike
eblend 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

thanks alot! excellent, i think i will go with the relay setup so that i still have passlock protection instead of the whole bypass.

Just a quick question...these 2 relays don't directly connect to each other or does that 85: To ignition 1 wire (+) on remote start  wire the one that is connecting these 2 relays together correct?  And this will disable passlock module when car is not starting correct?  Also, i want to have starter kill...how do i mingle it with all these other relays....simple picture maybe? thanks alot for everything!

ohh and i am sure my alarm doesn't have this lead....as a mater of fact...there is a little note that says.."If you have factory imobilizer, then remote start feature won't work" and all the wires that are labled are all directed towards specific functions (doors, trunk, door triger and all that) I am sure its not on there, i have done a few alarm installs including one with immobilizer before, but not one when it didn't have that wire

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
IF you intergrate this into the system you wont need a starter kill thats is what the passlock is for.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
eblend 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

Okay cool, well here is a pic of the relays...thats correct right?

Ground while remote start is on - Page 2 -- posted image.

and what do i do about this ....relay connecting wire...

i attached a picture of the instruction manual (can u tell its google translated? haha)

What do i do now that i don't have thar relay it shows at the bottom?

Ground while remote start is on - Page 2 -- posted image.

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

that should hook up the same as shown if you want to use that starter kill. Otherwise dont use that wire. The diagram is correct

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
eblend 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
its possible to have them both hooked up thought correct? Thanks :)
eblend 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

hello. I finally got around to doing this...well i did it like is shown on the diagram above...but something is wrong..it seems that the module turns on...but car will not start..not even with the key. When i unplug the module the car starts fine with the key. Any ideas? i have not been able to make the module work yet...when i first insalled it..i turned on the car and everything was fine (with the key) but second time i tried to start with the key it wouldn't let me anymore...its like the module learned something and now turning the potentiometer isn't doing anything :(

Please help!

revmatt99 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Actually.. it will bypass the passlock all the time. Which in itself isn't too bad i guess.. not what I wanted, but a HUGE downside it that even though it is a very small current drain it will eventually drain your battery.. believe me I had it happen.. if you dont run your vehicle for a few days or maybe a little longer.. or maybe in colder weather you will come out to a dead battery.. It happened to me and Hopefully you willlearn from my mistake and not do it this way.. good luck.. thanks
revmatt99 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Actually.. it will bypass the passlock all the time. Which in itself isn't too bad i guess.. not what I wanted, but a HUGE downside it that even though it is a very small current drain it will eventually drain your battery.. believe me I had it happen.. if you dont run your vehicle for a few days or maybe a little longer.. or maybe in colder weather you will come out to a dead battery.. It happened to me and Hopefully you willlearn from my mistake and not do it this way.. good luck.. thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic