icon

Need advise on Power Inverter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tray262 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking into getting a power I'm installing a screen and PS2 into my truck. The ratings on the back of the PS2 say AC120V 60 Hz and 79W. I basicly am looking for two pieces of information. What size do you think I will need and What is a good brand, I don't mess up the PS2. Any Advise would be great.

Tray.

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
i would say at least a 200-300 watt power invertor, that would suffice.
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

I'm currently using an inverter I got from BJ's club... Sam's Club also sells them.  The 350 watt usually has a cig lighter adapter so you can plug it in.. usually anything larger requires it to be wired directly to the battery. Currently the 350 watt unit is $25, the 700 watt unit is $40.

Kepp in mind that every 100 watts is drawing approximately 8-10 amps of current from the battery.. getting up into the 2500 watt sized inverters means that at full load it's pulling over 200 amps DC. This DOES NOT mean that a 350 watt unit is constantly drawing ~30 amps off the battery..  input is dependent on output.

regards,

Jim

vanbulance_man 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I was looking to install a similar thing....except I am going to use a regular tv (I own a Ford Econoline/Ambulance....it has a nice hole that it will fit it) so I was wondering how big I would need for a 13"-15" television, an Xbox, and some blacklights.  I was wondering what would be best...to plug them all into an inverter, or to somehow get a separate battery to power it all? Any help would be appreciated.
~Vanbulance Driver~

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic