icon

Stray voltage?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
temple2101 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys ... I recently uninstalled a Pioneer head unit, screen, and tv tuner, to upgrade to the new avic-n1.  Right before I uninstalled the system (and I think after I installed a gamecube), whenever I would shut the car off, the units would stay on for a few seconds before turning off, even when the key was out of the ignition.  I didn't think too much of it.  Now, I have put the stock radio back in for a couple weeks, and now when I turn the car off, the radio stays on for about 10 seconds, then shuts off.  Do you have any idea what this could be?  When I put the radio back it, at first it would not play.  I found that the fuse for the radio was not making good connection in the fuse panel (I used a fuse tap for some acc. power of other components) but I got that fixed.  Now though, if I move the fuse a little it will shut off the radio, because the fuse has to be JUST right.  So anyway ... any ideas?  Thanks in advance guys!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
First off, replace that fuse holder.
Support the12volt.com
temple2101 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
The car is brand new, 2004 civic ... do you still think that is necessary?  The whole fuse box?  Thanks
temple2101 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I figured out the problem with the radio ... it had to do with a power inverter that I had wired to the cigarette lighter adapter ... when the power inverter was turned off, the radio would stay on for 10 sec ... when the inverter is on right before the car shuts down, the radio will shut down ... I've got a fix now for it ... thanks for the help though!  Still debating on replacing that fuse box ... it would cost $90 to do it myself, and i don't feel comfortable doin it.   But anyway ... thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic