icon

amp for 12 inch eclipse87121dvc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
one other thing, seeing i would rather not send my sub back to eclipse.....is a PROfessionally repaired sub as good as a new sub? this way the 1200/1  can just be setup for these two
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

No offence but you dumb if you get a volfenhag, that is the dumbest thing i have ever herd of some one saying on this......lmao.....for the price you are willing to dish out i would go with power acoustik,SPL, R/F there are great deals on all of them at millionbuy.com.

just spend your money like you no how don't waist in on volfenhag!

and another thing you should have bridged your subs with your old amp it would have raised the ohms, and lasted longer, there is such thing as 2ohm stable 4ohmstable and 8ohm stable, for amps and subs

thank you any other ????

dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
no a repaired sub can and will never be as good as a new one!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
I will be glad to debate that last post, pretty sure a lot of other people will as well. Framedragger, if your sub is still under warranty, send it back to Eclipse and get the cone  / voice coil replaced. This in fact makes it a brand new sub. If the voice coils are fine then a simple reglue of the cone to the surround will be fine.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
okay well to the kid that called me "dumb" you must not of read my posts to clearly AS IM KEEPING THE ECLIPSES.....jerks.....ANYWAYS, back to the point of my recent post, how much would it be to see if these things are fine..voice coils and what not. also, the subs are under warranty but if its cheaper to get repaired i will do that....and im not even sure if the shop sent in my warranty info to eclipse....does anyone have a number or email address for eclipse so i can find out if its been submitted?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  

See what Eclipse will do for you first, you have a PM.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, ill contact them and see what can happen
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone know the eclipse site?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

www.eclipse-web.com

re: repaired as good as new.  Actually, a repaired speaker is evry bit as good as a new one, as long as the repair was done by someone who knows their business.  Indeed, I have used re-coned speakers in professional applications many times, and often the performance exceeds the OEM specs.

Support the12volt.com
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
thanks
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic