icon

Amp Suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, I'm going to give it a try. I just have to find me some budget component sets and build my sub boxes and I'm all set. Thanks for your help
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, there's nothing wrong w/ budget systems.  With the proper set-up, you can get a lot of boom-boom for your buck.  Right now i have a Lanzar Vibe 600 W, 2 ch, 2 ohm stereo amp that i got on ebay for like $150 shipped.  It has the lighted guages(one for each channel) and some decent features for the money.  I have used it to power 2 1000W Pyle 12"subs (laugh, laugh, laugh!).  Now it pushing 2  Audiobahn 1051q subs and really POUNDS!  You would NEVER know that I have a cheapo amp powering them.  Pyle Millenium series amps are almost exactly the same and same price.  I have successfully used them in the past.  Shop around, you'll find something!
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Cool, setup... Yeah, I mean I added it all up. I will have way under 200 bucks on my entire system... so for the price. It should sound decent. The prize of my system is my Head unit (JVC KD-LX10) that I got for 25 bucks...lol
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
The key to making a budget system sound good is to not push it to its limits.  Especially amplifiers and subs that "may be" over-rated by the manufacturer.  It is really rare these days to find an amp that cannot sound at least decent at SOME point in its operation range (with the possible exception of Audiovox and "Rampage.")  So set it up with good enclosures for the subs, carefully adjust all the gains to match, and don't try to get more from it than it can give you.  Or, on the other hand, crank it and abuse it and enjoy the smoke when it happens.  It's only $200, after all, and I've installed tweeters that cost more than that for each one.
Support the12volt.com
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I figured for the money. It should sound decent. I'm not going to push it's limits though. This system has to last a little bit until I can afford a better. one.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic