icon

completed project

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hbk00 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
heres a link to the pic of a project I just finnished, center council, door pannels, and dash for a cavalier. Thanks again to all to gave me advice when I asked! Apreciate it!
PIC
go custom or go home!!
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
Wow! - It looks fantastic!
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Very nice.
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

Damn!!! (from one of your other post) https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=28785&KW=hbk00

Looks good

hbk00 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the props guys
go custom or go home!!
Chappy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
NICE!!
Imagination and drive are the keys to greatness.
2000' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
I like that, those came out really nice. Slick work hbk.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
hetherb 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
That is sweet! Hopefully mine will come out that nice. Keep it up.
HetherB
http://members.cardomain.com/hetherz24
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
this has prolly been asked b4, but how do u keep the fleece around such crazy contours, like on your center console.
hbk00 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well I probably didn't do it the way most would have, this was only my 2nd fiberglass project, so I did a lot of "trial and error." The council was never wrapped completly at one time, the front portion where my pressure guage goes for my air ride was wrapped and resined, then the center where the shifter comes through and over the switch pannel, then I did the PS2 housing. All done separatley then when they were dried and hardened where I didn't "marry" the areas together real well I did it a piec of chop mat at a time. Where the areas were where it was just "free air" and no structure or frame to apply mat or fleece I simply took masking tape and made a generic frame and used that to bridge between and then applied mat on that and it worked out pretty well. Now also take note below what you see there was a "sub frame" I made to build off of that I created out of chicken wire to get the nice "round" contour in the main body of the council. After that was built and glassed I built what I had to off of that to get the look I wanted and when I had it the way I wanted I just simply went in from the underside and pulled the chicken wire out. So if you look at it from the bottom there is no visable structure at all besides fiberglass. There is only 3 areas where you can see how it was done, the guage pod the wood circle is in there, the switch pannel theres wood in there, and the top portion of the PS2 housing in the rear theres wood in there. Then for the PS2 housing I made a mold of an actual PS2 and thats whats inside and the PS2 slides in from the back and fits like a "key" even though by looking at the exterior it just looks like a box basically. No extra room to flop around at all. And the very back is a wire mesh so theres easy access to the PS2 and the cooling fan can actually function the way it should. And a wireless controll as well so there isn't a wire dangling from under the edge of the council. Well enough babaling I hope this helps you...
go custom or go home!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic