icon

good amp/box for 2 sony 10'' subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HumbleI 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
and yes keep the power at a normal level... If you here ANY distortion.. def turn it down.. Clipping is when your amp cuts in and out, could be a result of a bad ground or a bunch of other things.. I dont know everything about it.. but you'll knwo it when you see it.. shut off your system and check your connections.. it was happening to mine for a lil bit and it turned out to be a bad ground hook up
Love-peace-guidance
word-SOUND&power
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

HumbleI wrote:
.. a little bit of nailpolish, duct tape and glue or sealant that wont hurt your subs should do the trick)

so thats how sony makes their subs....

dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

the best way not to blow the subs is tuning your amp correctly, thus not getting a "clipped signal" there are three easy steps to tuning your amp correctly

1. turn your amp gain completely down

2. turn your headunit volume to where you wont play it normally

3. turn up your amp gain until your subs start to distort, then turn it back down just a little bit

you will be happy with your results 

icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
1) amp gain, is that how much power they are sending out?
2) ok, 250 watts rms on the amp to each sub (prolly less since sony seems to lie about this) and 300 watts max rms on each sub, if i get a box about the right size sony recomends, should i be ok as far as blowing them, if the 'gain' is not way up?
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-g7XrpycDF4A/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=45&cc=01&g=130&id=morephotos&pi=4&i=158XMD500X&display=XL#morephotos
so does one simply connect the + and - of one speaker to one set of +/- on the amp and the other speaker to the other set?
HumbleI 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
yes unless you can bridge your amp... in which case your amp would put most of the power out of the one +/- and power all of your subs from there.. youd have to wire them in a way which the +'s would lead into one cable and the -'s do as well.... you could ghetto rig this and just put all the posatives into one and all negatives but its better to wire it in parrallel...
Love-peace-guidance
word-SOUND&power
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
You simply connect one sub to each terminal on the amp. The only reason this mono amp has two outputs is to make it easier to connect multiple subs. The two outputs come from one mono output inside the amp.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Makes me wonder...Don't they say that in the instructions??
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
prolly, but i didn't buy it yet :P
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
when you buy it and get it, you will see on the area near all of the adjustments for the amp, one that says gain level, before you turn on the system, make sure it is turned all the way down, then as you tune it, turn the gain level up
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic