icon

sony deck, good enough?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-C8zt14pBf9J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=45&c=3&g=62700&I=158CDXF550&o=p&a=0&cc=01&avf=N
Mainly I am going for the 23 rms outputs for my door speakers, and the MP3 playback. It looks like it has an equalizer of sorts, and it has a low pass filter for the amp/subs. Thoughts? (especially to those who read my previous thread)
Also, what is the deal about if you get an aftermarket deck the radio won't work anymore? I listen to cd's almost exclusively so that does not bother me too much, just trying to see if there is a way around that.
Furthermore, what would you say the chances are the cd changer controls on a deck such as this would be compatible with the POS jensen changer that came with my car from previous owner, it is currently wired through the factory deck and the radio antenna
thanks again
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
*bumped*
basically is there anything inherently evil about sony decks that i don't know about?
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
ummmm, long story short , sony decks are nothing to be proud of , i have yet to hear one that impressed me with its SQ - IMO
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
sony deck, good enough? -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

1993 ford mustang

JL Audio 12'' W 3v2 subs (2)
power acoustik 1600 w gothic series amp (1)
power acoustik mids and high's
sony deck CDX-M8805X
with a 147.4 db
so yeah i am pround of my system and pround of sony, some sony but not all!
but depends on what model your getting reather your going down the wrong road or not!

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
sony decks generally sound ok but have a shorter life span than other decks. Also most of them seem to have a problem with skipping more than other decks. Now with the being said the skipping problem has been getting better every year that the xplod line has been out.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
alrighty then
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Please look in the trash can for my comments about Sony, make sure to carefully open the lid and do not allow any of the Bose or Sony equipment to make a break for it.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
robbie2883 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
i'm with forbidden. i've installed proffessionally for 5 years now and sony is one of the worst decks i have ever installed, next to roadgear that is. only my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
if its jammed force it - if it breaks in the process it needed to be fixed anyway
sony deck, good enough? -- posted image.
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
i'm gonna have to jump onto this stomping sony bandwagon.....i've been installing for over 10 years now and i've tended to notice more problems amongst sony decks that require warranty service than most other conventional brands. or maybe i'm just that unlucky?! there's been times that i'd play some cd's that i know are not perfectly skip-free on my sony deck, and they will indeed skip consistently on the same spots. and yet, i pop that same cd into another deck, and the skipping goes away!
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
do they skip just driving down the highway, or you going offroad or something????
better yet, do they skip sitting in a parking lot?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic