icon

system keeps killing my bat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  

Hey for some reason my system keeps killing my bat. i only have 2 JLAudio W 3 V2 and a Power Acoustik 1600 Gothic series amp.

I ran a cap, 2.4 farad, it helped out a lil bit but not much it still kills my bat just takes longer to do so???? any one have any comments?

and yes i ran seperate grounds, to my cap and to my amp.....so no that is not the problem. do you think it would help to run another wire from my frame to my  -terminal post on my bat.?

or what do you honestly think?
i have been messing with audio equipment for yrs and never had this prob. so i must get it figured out.... Thanx

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
if you are playing your system when your car is off it is expected to kill your battery, the "stock" battery isnt ment for what you are doing to it. if it happens all of the time you most likely have a sliced power wire some where in which the power is running directly from your battery all of the time at a constant pace, and only gets worse when you turn on your system.
Quad L Handyman services
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  

I have a brand new Fusion Deep Cycle 12v high output battery, 1hr rapid charge!

so i don't see that being the problem, now i do have my power wire split going straight to my cap. but after it fully charges my cap that it shuts off wich takes no time maybe 2min. at the most. than my hot wire runs from  my cap to my amp. and all hot wires comming from the +post are constantly hot there is not way to shut a battery off, but not it is not always feeding to my cap, only tell it gets charged at 15v so any other ideas?

sorry this is really starting to eat at me, i am starting to wonder if maybe my cap is bad? cause it should be holding a better charge than it does, or so i would think.

Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  

i was suggesting maybe that you have a short some where in one of your power leads. in which the casing of the wire was stripped and is touching metal causing in effect a short circuit.?

Quad L Handyman services
Thedfndent 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

You need a new alternator.  Most stock alternators put out between 50 to 60 amps.  If your sound system is running at anything over around 500 watts, then your asking too much of your alternator so the extra juice is comin from the battery.  Your amp puts out between 600-700 Watts which is suckin around 50 amps from your alternator.  Invest in a larger alternator that puts out around 100 amps. 

kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
sorry man i guess i can't give you any more advice, i might contradict Ketel and have my messages deleted again.  sorry, i think i could fix your problem to.
what!?!?! you want some??
Ketel22 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
contradicting me is one thing, a personal attack is another. maybe you should read the forum guide lines. im just as happy as the next person to read your posts as long as they arent bs information or attacking people.
Quad L Handyman services
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

how was i attacking you and how was that bs info??  i'm not trying to be mean or attack you but do you know anything about car stereo???

I was just trying to save this guy the trouble of looking for a wire with power running out of it.  if you have a wire with nothing connected to it pulls no current, draws no amps or volts its just there.  he probably has something connected to a constant power wire somewhere like behind his deck or maybe whatever he is using for his turn on lead.

what!?!?! you want some??
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

"how was i attacking you and how was that bs info??  i'm not trying to be mean or attack you but do you know anything about car stereo???"

Your second sentence here is indeed a personal attack.  Please stop.

Support the12volt.com
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Can't we just all get along?  =)

^_^

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic