icon

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wickedlegend 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

OK,....heres my dilemma,.....im installing an alarm on my sisters Grand Cherokee,......its a remote start/alarm pager combo from Ebay,....a friend of mine has it in his maxima and its working well with no problems,....

but,...my problem is this,.....

I have everything wired to the best of my knowledge,...the remote start was working perfectly, and the alarm as well,....until I remote started and got in to de-activate,....when I stepped on the brakes/w key in the on position, the siren came on,...and just stayed on,....it is on all the time now,....this happened before and I thought it was a defective alarm,....so I sent the brain to be replaced and just got it back 2 days ago,......now after doing this over again,....I opened up the alarm and found a burned regulator?? (i think?)...(I attached a picture of it)...This had happened to the brain I had the first time, but I did not think too much of it,......I just need to know,...if I can replace this part, or should I bother the seller to replace under warranty again?...also......do you think something is screwed up in my wiring?......if so,....what,.....?....to my knowledge,...everything is correct,....but then again,.....if it were I wouldnt be needing help.....anything helps...

vin

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee -- posted image.

LeGeNdS r 4 pimps!
NINsane18 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
What wire did you use on the brake side? It should be the WHITE/ Tan.
Tim-May!
kiteman 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
       It would be helpful if you tell us what wires you used and their polarity.  So we can better help you understand the problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic