icon

proximity sensor + window roll up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonj0n1 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2002 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

i've got a DEI python 6000 esp, dei 530t and a clifford proximity sensor hooked up to my car. everything works fine. i was just wondering how would i have the window roll up (if armed and vented) when the proximity sensory stage 1 was triggered (warn away). anyone has done this and would like to share this information? thanks

jonj0n1
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

hey jon, did you figure it out?  I think I've read stuff before on here about rolling up when the stage 1 was triggered, so was wondering if you have found any of it?

Mr King 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
With your DEI alarm and both of those hooked up , if you want your car to be armed and windows down you will need to arm your alarm(wndup) then after armed remote down the windows and your prox will work like you need it to . 
Sir
LilRichard 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
I may have misunderstood your question, but i believe you are referring to the proximity being tripped because of the window motion, correct? There is an output on the 530t (neg I think) that can be hooked up to the shunt on the alarm brain to bypass all sensors while the 530t is activated (rolling the windows up or venting). Hope this helps.
jonj0n1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

well to answer your question cpgoose, no i haven't figured it out, hopefully someone in the 12v will know. anyways i know how to vent the windows when the system is armed, and i hooked up the sensor shunt on correctly so that the windows going up wont trigger the proximity sensor while it is arming. ill try to make myself more clear. well, btw my alarm is a 3000 they dont make 6000 esp pythons, my proximity sensor triggers and turns on the piezo siren for about 1sec when some one comes close enough to peek in. if i had my windows rolled down (vented) when it is armed and someone peeked in to trigger the warn away zone, which wires would i hook up to the window module to roll the windows up when the warn away zone was triggered.

i was thinking hook up the negative wire that goes to my piezo siren inline with a diode to the negative armed when output wire on the window module. but i can be wrong, anyone has any idea. well if not then your gonna have to wait till the weekend when i have the time to play with it cpgoose. when i find out i'll post it.

jonj0n1
LilRichard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
My bad, that was a brainfart on my part. I don't think the negative lead to the ground when armed wire will work, because it is already reading ground while the alarm is armed. Why not have the negative from the warn away drive a relay to invert it to a positive pulse, and then run that positive to the roll up switch side of the 530t? You would need to diode isolate the leads going into the switch side wires to prevent them from crossing over during normal operation. Does that sound logical? Anybody?
jonj0n1 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

well first of all, i have four windows that means i have to hook it up manually to all four of the up switches. hmmm.....i don't know. well that sounds like a  good idea anyways.k when i arm the alarm all four windows roll up at the same time with just one output from the brain. i would like it my windows to roll up using a centralized output, instead of it splitting out to 4 of my windows. 

well i was reasearching and when the system is armed, armed when output supplies constant negative. with the diode in place, negative pulse is blocked from going to the window module. so if i supply a negative after the diode before the window module then the window should roll up. ill give it a try but it sounds right? what do you think?

http://www.directed.com/guides/pdfs/N381P.pdf page4 starterkill; https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp

jonj0n1
LilRichard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2002 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

Well yes, you would have to tap into all four switches, but all that would require is four diodes and a few minutes, since you could tie it in right at the module. 

I do not think that sending a negtive pulse to the ground when armed lead after the diode would make a difference, because it reads a constant ground already, so what would sending a negative pulse to a constant groud accomplish?  I imagine that one of the relay gurus here at the 12volt could draw you up a digram of how to have the negative pulse from your proximity sensor trip a relay setup to turn the constant ground off and then back on again, and that would do it, but wouldn't it just be easier to go with the scenario I gave you before?  Have fun with it.

tuttz 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2002 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

the easiest thing to do , is to run the neg. with a diode , form the warn away to a timer relay ,and wire the timer relay to the neg activation wire of the window modules . adjust the timer so it activates just long enough to roll all the windows up .

tuttz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic