icon

Quick, simple Compustar 2WSS-AS Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
ooops, wait a second.....i wasn't paying attention to your post. your compustar is the 2wss-series, right? that's your problem right there.....the spread spectrum series, unfortunately, can only accept one remote at a time. they're only sold with one remote, as opposed to the 2wfm-series (which comes with 2), because the brain will not accept more than one remote at a time. so even if you spend the bucks and get another one, it won't work!
the really sad thing is that the range really hasn't improved as much as they claimed compared to the 2wfm-series. also, the brains between the 2 are the same. the only differences are the remotes and the antennas.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
hey jimmee, the FM model has a better range?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
from what i've seen, the fm model doesn't have as good range as the spread spectrum series, but the difference in range is not very much. in my opinion, i'd rather choose to have the secondary remote and slightly less range, since the difference is not dramatic.
ThaScarecrow 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  

Quick, simple Compustar 2WSS-AS Question - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

For some reason the manual wording made me think that the prgramming directions there were only for the 2 way remote.  I especially thought for sure that they wouldn't want you to take the 1 way remote a part to have to program it.

Anyway, I tried it on the 1 way remote and it did not work.   I went on/off 5 times really quick, heard the clicks and put the battery in.  Tried a handful of times and still no go.  The blue LED lights and all.  Can this actually be true?  I can only have one remote?  I can't even have 1 two way and 1 one way?  That sucks if it is true. 

But I have to admit the range is amazing.  I work downtown and it works from a block or two away, I tired it in a fairly open area also and it worked from about 1/4 mile away.  What's the range like on the FM models?  My cousins have DEI FM pagers and there range is not even close to the 2wss.  Is the fm compustar that much better than the fm DEI units? 

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
i recently installed the 2wss (black remote) and it came w/ the 1-way remote but couldnt figure out how to program it.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
inebriatedrx 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

You first need to make sure you have the current model antenna (SS)  Previous posts are correct.  The FM unit can function with 2 remotes (any combination of 1 way or 2 ways) but the older SS antennas could only operate 1 SS controller at a time.  This years antennas (identified by the BLUE color sticker on the antenna vs the BLACK sticker) can operate with 1 1-way controller and 1 2-way controller. 

The programming sequence is this: 1) remove the battery from the 2-way controller (but have it ready because you will need to re-insert it quickly at a later step) 2) enter the programming mode as you normally would (by turning the key in the cylinder 5 times as described in the manual) 3) after the car flashes the parking lights to confirm that you have entered the programming mode, press the lock/unlock button on the 1-way controller.  (the car should respond) 4) quickly put the AA battery into the 2-way controller as you normally would when programming the 2-way only There will confirm with this step as well. 

If you do not do it within the allotted time, then you will have to start over. 

I hope this helps

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic