icon

700 bucks max

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

alright, if u were to have 700 bucks for a system, nothing fancy, but good quality, what would u put ur money into, im talkin cd player wires subs amp everything. i was told one w3v2 and a 300/2 amp with install and wires and cd deck, right at 700......

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
It depends on what you want and what kind of music you listen to.  If it was ME, I'd spend the money on a really nice head unit and front component set first, and worry about subs, etc. later after I saved up more money.  But that's just me.
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
^^What he said....and build a sound system you'll be proud to let others listen to.
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
my friends wants subs/amp/HU/and all the necessary items to get the subs running
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
..........how about........go to the bank?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

LOL!

$700 max is pretty much low end, but here's one suggestion.  Get a Blaupunkt Phoenix head, a 10" Dayton sub kit from Parts Express, a Lightning Audio mono sub amp, and  Infinity Reference coaxials for the doors (get the size that fits.)  Should have enough left for distribution blocks and amplifier install kit and misc. odds and ends.  You won't make much of an install fee on this, though

Support the12volt.com
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

y not keep factory headunit... save 100-200 there buy wiring kit with that money... get u a "good" cheap amp.... yet again i refer back to the jbl 600.1 and then possibly 2 CVR12s and build your own box which is about....30-40$$ max...so....

amp... jbl 600.1 $240.00 shipped

subs... 2 CVR 10s 170-180shipped...

wiring kit... about... 50-60$$

box.... 50$ max....if custom... prebuilt a good 120 id say max

all of that thinking highest cost would be 580..... but i had the same setup and found a box for 80$$ shipped for both 12s its got some good bass... now the question is are u buying online or in town?? b/c these prices are online... and with self install....

best thing to do is find a site where its cheaper.. i used etroincs.com or discountave.net then do a 105% price match.. even if it doesnt fully go through they still give u a little bit lower price....then u still have room to get say 2 12s or so.... only thing is i dontk now where 2 find a line out converter for th amp...

bruno71088 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
if he needs a line out converter i just saw them on ebay for 6.99 plus shipping
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/408

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1506

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1468

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2037

This will get you pretty close to $700 with shipping but you will still have to get a box made.  Like flatulatta said you can get a box for pretty cheap or fabricate one yourself.  The dollar amount limits you but if your friend already have speakers in the front they can power them with the radio for now and upgrade the front end with an amp and a two pairs of good speakers later on.   

flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
yea... i know how working on a budget is my1st stereo was about 500$$$ and i had 2 12s and a 600w amp but i also had a bundle of speaker wire and a bunch of rcas lying around so my kit cost me 40$$ but even still...i wasnt really worrying about the front speaekrs b/c that wasnt specified....but go with 2 CVRXX and the jbl ull be pleasantly pleased...id suggest getting the jbl 1200.1 with that setup b/c that amp barely moved those subs....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic