icon

goodguys vs circuit city

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saleengt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 4:20 AM / IP Logged  
im just curious what the general consensus is out there, i guess its mainly directed toward west coast installers since there are no good guys stores located on the east coast, but what are the general dislikes and likes about working for the two shops?
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Circuit City solders all connections...at least the bay i use to work at did.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
DIY is the only way.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

I'll never purchase anything or have ANYTHING installed at a  Circuit City ever again.  I purchased an alarm there for specific features which AFTER it was installed I was told were not available,  that they would be happy to take the alarm back out and return it.. minus the install fee of course.  When I got home, going over the wiring, it was sloppy as hell, they used so much electical tape it was rediculous, it took me 2 hours to clean it up.  The only reason I had it installed there is I did not want to spend my day putting in an alarm, something I have always hated.

flynntech 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged  

Circuit City soldering all connections..........funny...

Infact, I don't even believe you. Good joke though!

I have two experiences with CC, one time was with an Alpine HU (sold installed only) ofcourse, they BROKE my trimplate. When I asked the manager what the problem was.....he backed his installer and told me that it was because he used a cordless drill and the plastic was weak..............................NO SH!T!! 

Circuit City in Saugus, MA.......you suck!

Second..........I should've learned my lesson the first time.....but, I found an amp I really liked and the install fee seemed reasonable at the time. I was also at a different Circuit City! So......I get my car and everything is cool.....except the four 3" drywall screws though the bottom of my trunk..........no need for that!  Then, the power wire was 'flopped' right over the engine, in there with all 8 plug wires......nice one. I asked for the install fee back, since I obvously could've done it better myself. Ofcourse, the fat greedy manager wasn't interested in what I had to say...

Circuit City in Salem, NH........you suck!

number three.........ok, I learned my lesson, but this wasn't my choice.......

The same amp burnt out........so I returned it to Circuit City in Norfolk, VA for my warranty repair. They had it repaired alright......but when I got it back....it was missing ALL of the terminal screws. To top it off...they just so happened to be the wierdest sized screw, I could never match it up....I ended up soldering my wires directly to the terminals. It worked fine....but why...oh why?

CIRCUIT CITYS EVERYWHERE.....YOU SUCK!

saleengt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
yea i was just wondering, i just moved from circuit city to good guys as an installer
Greg S 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

There about the same I spent 15 years installing and managing for Circuit Cityand had many friends at the various Good Guys which would be across the street from the stres I ran and it all ending up about the same.  It has a lot more to do with the location manager than the company.  If you have a good manager who trains and encourages the employees hten you will have a nice shop to work in with good pay, if not then not.

Greg Stoddard
chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2004 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
I personally would not do either. I have seen and had to repair enough stuff from CC that they are now formally know around these parts as sucky city.
My nephew works for a Best Buy. I think the prices are fair. but, my nephew couldn't install anything to save his life. He introduced me to the install staff and my opionion was that they worked there after high school got out and had no real experience. As for the install mgr., All he seemed to care about was numbers. Just how many cars can you move through your install bay???
(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
deviousjoker 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2004 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
I worked for best buy for 5 yrs and now when I look back, it was the biggest mistake I've made.   chaseaccessori is right they just wanted to get as many cars done as possible.....best buy depends on making all the service plans and accessories numbers to stay alive.  I've seen a lot of hack installers at best buy and I still wonder how they have a good reputation.  they treat their employees bad and continue to take their pay away.  in the 5 yrs I worked there I went through 3 different pay structures.  Now I benifit from the amount of work I do instead of busting my ass to get some numbers and get a small thank you when you're in the top 5 in the company.

DataMan 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

so finally???

where is the best choice! it seems that no one is good...

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic