icon

Amp Trouble?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
e40water 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

I just got JBL P80.4 I had a another amp hooked up before I got this amp, I never had any troubles with the other one, Ive noticed all the precaustions Ive taken to hookup the JBL AMP, I keep getting fuses that are 20A X2 both blow when I hookup the battery terminal up? I am thinking the ground isnt connected properly?

I need some help with this one?

Thanks

e4
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
There is a ground fault in the wiring.  Trace the power wire to find the place where it is grounding out.  And to be sure it isn't a defective amp, replace it with the amp you took out and see if the fuse blows on it, too.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
Let me check that...do you have a fuse installed in the power wire near the battery?  Prsuming you do, that would blow if there was a ground in the power wire.  So the problem has to be from the amp back.  Are you grounding to the same location as the previous amp?  It should be good, if so.  Double check the power and ground inputs, particularly for loose or stray wire strands.  Make sure your not mixing them up.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
"Make sure your not mixing them up." Either this or the amp is doa.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
e40water 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys, I found out that the problem was, I had a bad ground on the location from the last amp was mounted, I rechecked all other wiring, Its all good,

Thanks for youre guys help.

e4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic