icon

RE 8's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
alright, im lookin at these subs now, im lookin to see how many it will take to make sound like 2 w3v2's and what cu. ft. box it would take, i was thinking maybe 4 of them would do it setup right???? i want sq and spl not just sq, so with that said are these subs good to be ported? about how much do they run a piece and where can i get them
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Its not a good idea to try to make 8 inch subs sound like 12s. You will be much happier with some good 10 or 12 inch subs.
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
no offense but from what i hear...your wrong lol, i have heard the RE8's pound in a ported enclosure. any other opinions?
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Well, the only 8 I've ever heard that I truly though there was a bunch of 12's was a JL 8w7 in one of those custom JL boxes. The thing had to have been hitting 130 easy, it was unbelievable. I've played with a few rockfords and some other brand 8's but they just dont have the cone area to hit like a 12, I will say I have never hear RE8's, so I cant make any judgement about them. Do you have any links with some specs on them?
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
reaudio.com they are 4+4 coils, runnin right at 200 rms
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

I have to agree, while I have heard 8s pound, they will not sound like a 10 or 12 of the same quality  <shrug> thats just my 2 cents.

~Jay

dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
8's can and do sound awesome. getting them to sound like 10's is an art and is something to be proud of. put them in a ported box with the right air space. i had two punch 8 svc that turned a lot of heads. and surprised them when i told them they were 8's. just my three cents.
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  

Again, I agree they can sound good, hit hard, etc, but they do not sound like 10s or 12s, they still sound like 8s  =).  From what I have seen in the past with a LOT of installs are that 8s are mistreated!!.  Most people do not give them the proper encloser, airspace, power.  Hence you are left with a subpar sounding sub.  Again my 2 cents  =)

~Jay

thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
hey man. Just curious. Why do you want 4 8s? Why are you trying to get them to sound as good as the w3v2's? 8 subs whether in a ported or sealed box is gonna take up a pretty good amount of trunk space. Why dont you just get 2 10-12's?
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
framedragger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
thats like asking someone why they want 3 10s.....would u be more impressed if u said damn thats loud and they say yeah its just 2 12's or would u be more impressed if they said 6 8 inch woofers.  im goin to be different.....i dont want 2 12's anymore....they will have the right size box, airspace, and port length as it will be somewhat a compitition setup yet still a daily driver.....hope to be hittin mid to high 140's and dont laugh.....they are RE RE 8's -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic