530t?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I do not have this module, but I'm interested in it.
I'd like to know if someone could answer a few questions
about it, so I can make a decision: (for a 2-window car)
1. Am I correct that the 530t can add window up AND
down to 2 windows? So...I can move 2 windows up AND
down with the same button on my remote?
2. Is it true that this module, when installed, gives
one-touch up AND down to both windows?
3. Say I do not want to control the module with the
alarm, but just want to have 1-touch control...is this
ok, or do you have to attach it to an alarm?
4. Is this a difficult install? ('92 integra) I
see some posts that you have to grab wires by the fuse
box, and then others are in the door by the switch,
or by the motor...plus dragging a few wires through
the famed molex plug.
5. Is there somewhere to download the install manual?
Couldn't find it on DEI anywhere!
Thanks!
Mr King 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
The 530T will make your windows go up and down  , but normally wired will cause your windows to go up when armed and down when triggered by remote ,and even backwards if you want but not just windows up and down by same button . Yes you can install the module for just the one touch feature but why not hook it to your alarm ?The only difficulty I have ever had with the 530T was that with unmatched ground potential at the door and at the car caused undesired effects . But with a ample ground ran in the door to  the module solved that .   And since we are on the topic , I have had similar problems with the 530T on a couple of ford vehicles (funny it seems , not to bash though) of when arming and windows going up , after rolling all the way up , the windows will go back down like a inch venting the windows . From DEI I got a print out on how to upgrade one  resistor on the board , as to fix the problem but it didn't work (got rid of that module after that ) . Some times they stay up and some times they vent , I eventually removed the modules on the two vehicles it happened on (2001 Ford F350 dually 4 door , and 2002 Ford Exscursion ) . As a note in those vehicles I did have separate modules on the front and rear windows.  Any one can maybe explain why this happened ?
Sir
Mr King 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
I posted a reply here and it didn't save . If you search forum under  "530T" you will find my reply  , but for some reaseon it dosn't  come up for me when I just go to this page .
Sir
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
This is why I'm a little hesitant.  I searched the forum for the 530t, and read many posts with problems (both with functionality and installation).  Granted, that's what this site is for, but it seems like a tough install.
LilRichard 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I agree that there are issues with the 530T, but it is not a tough install in my opinion. I actually just put one in my 2002 F-150 last week and it works flawlessly.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  

Ahh, so the only reason they say up AND down for two windows is because you can have them go up when the alarm is triggered, but only down with the remote?  I thought it meant go up and down with the remote, but couldn't understand how it could do that.  530t? -- posted image.

And now you have 1-touch up AND down of both windows, huh?  I like that idea!

Did you install it just in 1 door for both doors, or under the dash for both doors?  If under the dash, were you able to grab all of the wires under the dash, or did you have to run wires through to the door?

LilRichard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the 530t rolls up the windows upon alarm activation (you have the option to arm without rolling up by pressing whatever button it is wired to before arming). It will then vent the windows, or roll them down at any time by holding down your accessory button for 3 seconds. The 530 gives you one touch up and down from the driver's controls only.
I always install my 530 in the driver door even though they warn against it. I silicone up the plugs and bag the module just for precaution. Run your 12v, grnd, accessory lead from the alarm, and the ground when armed wire out to the door, and it's smooth sailing from there.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

Awww, I thought the passenger would have 1-touch, too.  Poor passenger 530t? -- posted image.

I wonder if I installed it under the dash (trying to avoid running wires through the door molex plug), if I'll still have to access wires that are soley in the door?  ('92 Integra)

LilRichard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
I dunno much about your car, but I would assume that you will have to run wires though your dreaded molex plug one way or another. One thing I forgot to tell you- make sure to use adequate guage wire for power and ground- I think it is 12 or 14 AWG- otherwise the module may act finicky.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

Cool, thanks LilRichard.

You didn't experience any problems like this guy did, did you?  He kept blowing fuses and stuff I think because it was drawing too much current.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=244

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic