the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dual ported box for 2 15 Kicker CVR's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, they are efficient speakers and will sound good with as little as 50 watts.  The main point was not to trash Jensen (although they are near the top of the list that deserves to be trashed) but to warn you to NOT hook up seperate amps to the dual voice coils!
Support the12volt.com
Xgen.m@$t3r 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

I have definatly got a 15" kicker CVR coming and if I get a new amp I want it to be able to run both coils and no bigger than 800 watts total, Anyone know a good amp at a good price I could get thats dependable?   Then later Im getting 2 15" kicker comps and that takes 500 watts each. Maybe someone could find me a good way of running them at a maximum of 2 amps hopefully, I could hook up 3.

Xgen.m@$t3r 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

What do you know about this amp: Kenwood KAC-7201

800 watt Total Output at 2 Ohm • Cast Aluminum Heat Sink w/Sandblast Finish • Copper EE-Core Power Transformer?

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

Kenwood amps are OK, much better than Jensen.  How much do you want to spend on an amp?

By the way, the Kenwood KAC-7201 is rated at 150 watts RMS per channel.  Into a bridged 4-ohm load, it is rated at 460 watts total.

Support the12volt.com
Xgen.m@$t3r 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

I'm willing to spend up to $200       That Kenwood amp says its rated at 800 watts total at 2 ohm bridged

I also found this 1 to:  Rockford Fosgate Punch 501S

500 watts RMS x 1 bridged • variable high-pass/low-pass crossover • wired remote control of Punch Bass      Totals at 1000 watts, This one might be to much watts for my sub..  But if I did get it I would put levels way down  This 1 costs 199.00 where I see it and it has 1 year warranty

DYohn 
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Well, sorry but that Kenwood amp is NOT really rated at 800 watts, that is a "peak" number that they list and is largely meaningless.  The only amplifier ratings that are useful are 12V RMS values.  The KAC-7201 is rated at 460 watts bridged.  Period.  You also refer to "keeping the gain down" in order to limit amplifier power.  This is wrong.  Input sensitivity (aka "gain") is not a volume control and any amp can produce full rated power at any "gain" setting.  You cannot limit power that way.  For $200 you are pretty much limited to 500 watt amps or less (like the RF you list).  Get one you like and be sure to set it up correctly.
Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic