icon

How to Wire an amplifier power cable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gillevy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have Honda Accord Coupe 2001 and i can't find a way to wire an amplifire power cable from the battery into the car. what is the easiest way to wire the cable into the car? I have an entry to the car from inside the hood and there are other cables that enters the car but i can't see them from the inside of the car. what do i need to disconnect/remove in order to get in?
HumbleI 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
OK this is what I did, It may be a little different seeing as to I am driving an earlier accord, but stand on the passanger side, next to the air filter box, you will see, if you look about a half a foot in, on the firewall a little rubber gasket pluggin up an entry hole to the passenger side of the car, pull back the carpet ( you may need to move the a panel, but it usually isnt a problem) and if you feel around a little closer to the center of the car towards the firewall you will see the hole, the best approach would be to stuff the power wire through the hole and then feel around for it with your fingers.... hope this helps...
Love-peace-guidance
word-SOUND&power
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
You can also go through the rubber grummet on the drivers side firewall, above and to the left of the brake pedal.  Your main power wire run through here also.
Do it right the first time
sonicsound 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Or you can get a uni bit from a local hardware store and drill through the firewall.  Its actually not as hard as people think, just make sure your clear of any wires or parts of your vehicle.  make sure to caulk it have a plastic gromet to not allow water to seep in.
Sonic
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD
Zapco 360.4
Zapco 500.1
Zapco SP-4SL Processor
Two JL 10 W3v3d2
Alumapro 15 Farad Cap
bighauns 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

i find that the easiest way is to spend about 10 mins trying to find an already existing grommet, and if i cant find one that works i will just ( as sonicsound said) take a unit bit and have at 'er.  make sure you are not drilling in to anything that you will regret though.  the nice thing about the factory grommets is that there is usually a lot of space in them and they are very well protected.

hope this helps!

alex

bring on the boom!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic