icon

Glue for MDF and enclosures

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
f150on22s 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

There are a lot of things you could use.  Personally I would go with some epoxy.  You can't go wrong.  Once its on, it aint comin off.  But liquid nails would probably do just fine too.

djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone.  I think I'll stick with the liquid nails that is made for MDF and a few other surfaces.  I used it to glue a couple small pieces of MDF to the metal of my truck and it is holding pretty well from what I can see.  It comes out very thick like cake frosting and it's an ugly light brown color, but it seems to have a strong bond.  Since it's so thick, I just applied the glue and set the wood there and pressed hard for 30 seconds or so.  I didn't have to sit there all day and wait for the glue to dry.  It just held the wood in place and was probably completely dry by the next day.  So when I build my amp rack out of 3/4" MDF, I'll use that glue to connect all the pieces and on the part where the amps will rest, I'll use metel brackets to hold a few pieces of the wood together for added strength.  I'm also going to wrap the MDF in fleece and glass it before it's all painted or covered in vinyl or carpet.  I'll probably put a layer of Maraglass over the fleece with resin too so I can form the exact shape I want and add strength.
Glue for MDF and enclosures - Page 2 -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic