icon

stickers/leds

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madmods 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

I read a couple of posts on another website that I thought was pretty stupid. The guy did not want to put in his led, because he wanted to catch the guy breaking into his car.

(1) hes a light sleeper or has a tent next to his car

(2) he has body armour and a gun

(3) He has alot of money to keep paying the deductible/window/door jam damage costs.

A led is made for one reason....to let people know you have an alarm. 95% of thieves will move on to another vehicle if they see an led.

Stickers. Do I recommend them. Yes.... But not the ones that came with your kit. you dont want a thieve to know what kind of alarm hes up against. Hell you can find installation manuals now on the net. Id recommend you get a custom one made or you make one. Something like lazer3000 alarm protected will fool anyone. Lojack stickers are a good ideal too even if you dont have the system.  Even those generic ones from radio shack will work. You dont want a viper protected if you have a viper.

How many people are going to continue getting their window broken, while the thieve runs off and your stuck with the bill? Whos the idiot?

BeefStew 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

I would rather have something to deter most people from even messing with my car.  Use any deterant that is available.

Since my car was stolen in February I have some first hand experience about the dangers and the costs.

My car was stolen in broad daylight, Sunny day.  It was recoverd a month later.  Inginition was so messed up that I could not start it.  Since it was stolen out of town, I had about $500.00 in towing charges to get it returned, The cost to replace the steering column was another $500.00.    They found about 12 sets of Tags in the trunk, none of them were mine.

I would have been happier to deter someone from prying the driverside door handle.  As it turns out, My family and I are luncky we weren't near the car.  The prime suspect who's fingerprints were found is wanted for Grand theif Auto on other cases and also has a warrant out for first degree murder.

This is the reason I am here, I am looking for reasonable alarm system to deter a theif to find an easier target.

Thanks,

BeefStew

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah stickers and leds are a good way the better way is to have your DEI tell a Mother F@#$ to step back...buts thats me. There is nothing wrong with having a sticker saying your alarm name. Most thieves turn away from VIper or any name brand alarm. But like i have stated before here if the person wants your car there is nothing you can do they will take it its all a matter of time.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic