icon

Air Bubbles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Spaceman Spiff 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
So, How big a problem are air bubbles really? I made my mold this weekend but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get rid of all the bubbles. The more I tried to make it better, the more the mold suffered. This enclosure is going to house a single 10 @ 320rms and I'm sure that will play a part in structure integrity. Will I be safer if I make it thicker or am I just being overly concerned about something that isn't quite as big a deal as it is made out to be?
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
If they are small bubbles then it should hurt the structure too much. They will only weaken it. When you sand it down make sure you fill them with body filler.
Spaceman Spiff 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Well, they are on the inside of the enclosure, the initial mold piece. Anything that was large enough I dremelled and re-filled. When the work "weak" is used, does this mean that subwoofer energy is going to be lost through the walls, or that there is potential for the enclosure to crack? Both are bad but the enclosure cracking would obviously be worse.
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Aslong as you refilled the big ones, it should be fine. Make sure that the peice cannot "flex" when being pressed on. Otherwise it will be able to crack.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic