Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
ti10
comp vr
he2
kappa
alpine type s
Out of all of these subs which one would be the best Ill be runing about 400watts rms to it. If there are any otheres in or around this price range and they are better then these let me know.
Pola_Trucos 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

It depends on what is your definition of best. Are you talking about a good sounding sub or a loud one???? If you like definition the alpines and kappas are nice. I had comp vr once. They sounded the best in a seled box but if you buy them make sure you get the 12's they hit harder and repond better."Just my opinion". In the other hand we have the Rockford he2 i have heard some in shows and damm those bad boys pound. But i din't  like how they sounded. About the ti10 i haven heard one yet. Just let us know about what material you will play in them and we can help you decide.

Dont use ten words when 5 will do fine.
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
i already have 2 mtx thunder 8000 10 inch subs in my trunk i really dont know how to tell the diffrence between spl and sq because i havent heard many subs before. But on other reviews they say that the 8000's are great for spl and i am building a vented box for them because they are in a bandpass now. If this is the case that the 8000's are alot of spl then i would want a good sq sub to balance the sound. In other words i would like a subwoofer that when combined with 2 thunder 8000's will sound great and still pound like hell. The subwoofer i get will also be put into a vented box unless a vented box isn't good for sq
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well brunno your mtx subs are good. I also had a pair of mtx but used to have the 6000's a couple of years ago. The 8000's are really good subs. It all depends of what type of enclosure you throwed them in. Want Spl buil a spec vented box with a slot type vent. If you want crisp,tight anb solid bass that wil make your vision blurr buil a sealed box for them. The only prob of  sealed boxes is that thay don't reproduce very low freq well. So you can put the two 8000's you have now in a vented box and buy a third one and put it in a sealed box. You will notice the diference.
bruno71088 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
well now that i know what kind of enclosure to put the sub in the problem is picking one. i was and am really intrested in the ti10 but any of these will sound good i think. Now if i could get input from someone that has experience with all of these or some of them, that could recommend one that would be appreciated
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well i have two alpine r 12's in a custom box with two sealed chambers. 1cu ft each chamber and they hit very hard and have exelent sound quality. The thing i love about them is that thay are very musical. Forget about the type s and go with the types r wich will handle more power. I will review the ti 10 and ask my buddies.
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Well that ti sub look like a good sub. It has a lot of ex max and have 2.5in voice coil. Huge magnet two so i think you should be fine with it. Just remember to go sealed with it. He should roock like no tomorow.
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought the Type S's I had three and it pounded hard so do two though. They like the deep beats too. Well worth the money.
chevyman26 
Copper - Posts: 227
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  

I have two Ti10's sitting beside me, brand new. Never heard them, except when I first got them I tested them to make sure they weren't duds with 150W at about 1/2 volume. Buying the system piece by piece as I can afford it. But at that low power and volume I could still tell that they will hit lower and harder than my IDQ's when fully powered. If you go with these, let us know how they work for you.

P.S.- If you're going to buy them on e-bay, be careful. Make sure you check out the seller good before you buy. Even then I wouldn't recommend it. 

You'd better get me out of this lord... or else you'll have me to deal with. -- Hunter S. Thompson "F.A.L.I.L.V."
ivant2 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
As A competitor i have seen alot of things. In North Carolina there is this man with a blue Impala with 2x12 MTX 8000 with the 8100's pushing each sub in a 4th order bandpass. Very clean sounding as well as monstrously loud.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic