icon

what is the best alarm money can buy?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madmods 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
Right now, what is the best alarm money can buy? What are the top models out there? i want a new alarm to replace my  viper hf600.
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
viper 791xv (clifford matrix rs 3.5).  basically pick one that has features you like/need and add all that you can to it to make it unique and truely yours.  do an awsome install with origional ideas/techniques.  good brain location, hide the starter kill...  smart routing of wires, loom, backup battery.... piezo sirens strobe lights timer relays and the list goes on.
MECP certified installer
madmods 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
Can you add the vis anti-hijack switch to this alarm. this would be very important to me to prevent loss form a car-jacking!
WillTS 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
I am new at this alarm stuff, but I would have to say everything that I have seen and heard, stick with DEI all the way. I really like the Clifford ones the best, I like the way the remotes look with the CF finish, and I like the siren more so then the one that comes with the viper. Clifford RSX 3.5 or Viper 791XV, all comes down to price and preference. And like sroth said, add all that you can to make it yours. I like the fact that I can roll my widows up and down, start it from in the house, honk the horn on demand, I like the fact that when it does go off, my air horn activates. Now if I could just make it do a burnout from the remotewhat is the best alarm money can buy? - Last Post -- posted image.
Will              Just my $00.02
97 Chevy K1500 5.7L w/ Clifford Matrix RS2
BTW I am not a professional(well at procrastination maybe)
Be Gentle, I'm new to this :-)
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

everything between clifford and viper are the same except the remotes, stickers, and icon on the brain... and the viper blue LED whoopie...

the sires, programming, remote buttons, on board relays, jumpers, harnesses, siren ect... are the same.  they all have the 514C siren, same relay pack and RS harnesses.

there are other brands out there that have pretty much the same features but vary slightly, i love DEI but dont be afraid to shop around, make it your own decision on what to buy.

MECP certified installer
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

Clifford Matrix 2.5 ( if you only need security ) 3.5 if you want hybrid....

you'll be very happy with it......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
tarix 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2004 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
So what's the difference between the RS 3.5 and the Avantguard 5?
Clifford's website makes it sound like the Avantguard is better, but it doesn't have the 2-way support.
Could someone clue me in? :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic